80.8 Degrees

Doc

What a great stand last night was. 80.8 degrees when I left the house in the afternoon. I really need to buy a short-sleeve camo tee-shirt. It didn't matter anyway. I'm sure all the deer were laying down in deep cover until nightfall. Probably laying on their back with their feet in the air trying to suck in one good breath of air. The bugs came back out. I don't know what they are, but they don't bite. They just like swarming all over and banging into your face. Anyway needless to say, I saw absolutely nothing. Temp today is supposed to be in the 70's so I think this will be a good day to take off and get something done besides hunting. A lot of fall work has not been getting done.

Actually, this weather isn't all that uncommon. It might be a bit extreme, but I remember other bowhunting days over the years when I had to forsake my camo for any old dull colored tee-shirt because of the heat. October is a wacky month. Guess I'll have to pickup some hot weather hunting camo or just skip the hot ones completely.

yup....it was in the mid 70's here. doing yard work all day & sweating my a$$ off!. Lucked out a couple weeks ago, during that cold snap haven't been out since. Cant get into it with this weather,.....Lawn looks good though!! LOL

Getting caught up on lawn work and the honey do list. That way after this franken-strom passes through, hunting time it is! It will be good hunting for the next 3 weeks starting right about next Friday. The weather is going to stay cold, too.Those deer are going to sit tight this week with all this rain and heavy winds coming. Next weekend should be hot. Bucks I am sure will be running those Does around!

• Like 1