Problem with my Rage Broadheads

newbreed

I shot Rage 2 blades for 3 years. Last year I had a bad shot on a doe and lost confidence in them. This year I switched to Slick Trick Viper Tricks. I am totally satisfied with these. 3 Doe in the freezer. Excellent blood trails and none have gone more than 50 yards.

For a practice head to be shoot TWO FEET off at that distance, as compared to the regular head tells me it's either a significantly off-weight or machined PH (highly unlikely to be THAT far off), or there is something else wrong with you or your setup.

If you decide to give up on the Rage II's and toss them in a dark hole , I would try thjs . Take one of the mechanicals , super glue the blades so they cannot deploy ( so it would be like the practice head ) and shoot it . See if it hits way off as it originally did . Let us know the results . ....... Just a thought

Like i said the rage practice tip shoots great, it soots the same as normal field tips, but when i shot the real broadheads they shot way off, im thinking they are opening before they get to the target, sooon as the wind calms down this afternoon hopefull ill be out shooting them to see if i get the same results, if i do im trashing them and gettting new broadheads. i have never had this problem before and i have been bow hunting for 10 years.

I find this very hard to believe... I would say there was a combination of other things that may have caused you to miss the deer. I shoot rage broadheads and they shoot the same as my field points. The problem I have with this is you claim that they shoot 2ft low! No matter what the practice tips don't shoot thta much different where you would be 2ft low. I mean I could understand maybe a couple inches but 2ft? Not possible... Just my opinion.

I find this very hard to believe... I would say there was a combination of other things that may have caused you to miss the deer. I shoot rage broadheads and they shoot the same as my field points. The problem I have with this is you claim that they shoot 2ft low! No matter what the practice tips don't shoot thta much different where you would be 2ft low. I mean I could understand maybe a couple inches but 2ft? Not possible... Just my opinion.

didnt say i shot 2 feet low i said it shot about to feet left . i find it hard to believe too being that i went up after the miss, shot my other rage broad heads and they flew exactly the same as the one i missed the deer with, but when i put the practice rage back on it shot dead nuts on the same as normal field tips.

Have you ever paper tested your bow? It could be something other than the broad head. I like the idea someone posted about tying up the broad head so it didn't open and check that way. Could weigh the broad head and practice and see if they are the same too.

Like i said the rage practice tip shoots great, it soots the same as normal field tips, but when i shot the real broadheads they shot way off, im thinking they are opening before they get to the target, sooon as the wind calms down this afternoon hopefull ill be out shooting them to see if i get the same results, if i do im trashing them and gettting new broadheads. i have never had this problem before and i have been bow hunting for 10 years.

If you are going to trash them like you said , try what I suggested and glue one shut or tie one closed with dental floss and see what happens when you shoot it at your target . You have nothing to lose but a few minutes of your time .

As suggested , they might be opening prematurely . I always made sure the blades were secure when I put the Rage arrow on my string . Never had a problem with one .

It's not always the equipment . Often it's the person not being familiar with the equipment . Just a thought . Not a slam .

SO i got a chance to shoot last night, first i i shot my rage practice tip, it was right on, next i shot a normal field tip it was right on. then i use a rage broad head with just an O ring.......it shot dead on. so i shoot again with just an O ring it shot dead on again. now mind you i when i was missing i had the O ring with the Orange shock coller, so i set up and arrow just like that i shoot and miss about 10 inches left and low. now thats not the 2 feet i said earlier but still a big miss, so i set up another arrow with the broad head, O ring and Orange shock coller and it misses left again, switch back to just O ring and shoot and its dead on, so my conclusion is that for some reason the Rage Broadheads that I have dont soot well when the O ring and shock coller are used together..... so i shot enough to getmy confidence back up i pretty much shot one of the Rages so much that it will be just emergance arrow form now on..

I just checked all mine in the quiver before i loaded everything in my truck and two were out of the shock collar.Junk.I would rather have the o-rings.Never had this problem.Only problem they had is they would crack.I am scared now.Hope i don't blow it if i see a big one and these things come out before they hit the deer.There goes the confidence.

Edited by arrow nocker

Seems like everybody and their brother uses rage broadheads yet they are the ones i hear the most problems with. Which makes sense since they are so popular youll hear more about them but nothing about them turns me on. Im perfectly content shooting my spitfire maxx's,

didnt say i shot 2 feet low i said it shot about to feet left . i find it hard to believe too being that i went up after the miss, shot my other rage broad heads and they flew exactly the same as the one i missed the deer with, but when i put the practice rage back on it shot dead nuts on the same as normal field tips.

Even if you were shooting the wrong grain broadhead it wouldn't shoot 2ft off in any direction... problem wiht the way you are setup or the way you are shooting your bow. If you want to blame it on the broadhead that is ok too. Let me put it to you this way I have shot arrows without ANYTHING on them, no field tip or broadhead and they still hit the target. Like I siad if we were talking inches I would totally agree witih your statement but 2ft is more than a broadhead. Good luck!