more coyotes than deer

mark3885

I went out this morning , it started to snow lightly. After 20 mins. I see movement. A coyote about 75 yds out , he leaves, an hr later, 2 more coyotes come through . I called like a squirll and they start to come in down wind. The biggest gets to 30 yds. but not shot, off they go. Later a small doe comes by but acts real skiddish, I thinks she smells the coyote. No wonder I'm not seeing many deer. I need to leave the bow in the cabin and head out with the 22-250 and even the score. This is in the southern tier, north east of jamestown , ny.

Get a trapper in there if you can. Hunting wont kill the numbers you need to if there indeed is an overpopulation of them.

I hear ya , after this years deer season, I'll get somebody to trap. I know where they are coming from. The property behind mine was selectively cut and all the tree tops on top of one another gives them the shelter.

I hear ya , after this years deer season, I'll get somebody to trap. I know where they are coming from. The property behind mine was selectively cut and all the tree tops on top of one another gives them the shelter.

Yeah that sounds like a place to start, but it also sounds like part of the reason you arent seeing deer. Deer love to hide out and feed on tree tops laying around.