Missed another one!

Meat First

Was out last Sunday morning and missed a nice breadbasket six. Hit branch of course and arrow flew behind him. Two weeks ago I stalked a doe and shot over her back at 25 yards. Anyone want to buy a bow? Can't wait until the 17th. And yes I'm a good shot and practice, just dumb luck. Maybe I'll give it one more try next weekend before gun...this is frustrating and addicting at the same time.

I wish I could get a shot opportunity. Today alone, I had a doe in my lane, wouldnt stop trotting, a 130 class buck that wouldnt come into a lane, 3 does in a lane out of range and a 140 class buck in range, but in thick cover. Except for the 1 doe I shot opening day, its been the same way all season so far. Frustrating, yes, but I love the challenge.

No worries.. I had a clean miss on a slick head this morning.

I had to shoot between my bow hanger and the arm on our new hang-ons seat.(lets just say the seat will never be in the down position again) I bent at the knees and not hips, caused my arrow to fly right over her. She didnt have a clue what was going on until the blazer vane tickled her back!!

That was me this morning.the "BRANCH"But i saw the branch and i couldn't get a clean shot.It walked right toward me instead of into the clean shot zone.Then at 8 yrs he looked up at me and took off.Two more steps and i would have had a kill zone shot.If i would have ducked down lower when i was drawd i coulda have got him in the heart at about 17 yards,.But i was gambling on him walking left instead of coming to me.The vanilla i sprayed on the leaves is what messed it up.He was following the scent.LOL.He was and ugly rack kinda but would have been my biggest.But i aint a trophy hunter.I am glad in a way he didn't present that shot tho.Next yr he will be impressive with that split brow tine if he makes it.

• Like 1

My freind that I got with has been bow hunting for 7 or 8 years and has missed lots of deer. He finally got his first deer with a bow this year and miss another last weekend.

I also have missed 3 times this year, made a bad hit last weekend(which I feel horrible about) and finally hit one this past Wednesday. So hang in thier. I know it can be frustrating.

Shooting at a living deer is not the same as a target. I know targets don't get my heart pounding. lol

Edited by UA22Plumber