thurmos help

I looked in Target , Wal-Mart and Dicks and couldn't find "The Rock" thermos .

I have one of the tall Stanleys . I rinced it with hot water , put some coffee in it and placed it in the garage yesterday afternoon . A couple hours later I poured some and it was barely pee warm . Nuked it in the micro wave . I had no creamer or anything in it when I had the thermos in the garage .

I looked in Target , Wal-Mart and Dicks and couldn't find "The Rock" thermos .

I have one of the tall Stanleys . I rinced it with hot water , put some coffee in it and placed it in the garage yesterday afternoon . A couple hours later I poured some and it was barely pee warm . Nuked it in the micro wave . I had no creamer or anything in it when I had the thermos in the garage .

It has been pretty chilly here in the mornings,mid 20's and mid 40's afternoon.I'm going to try your "test" with my Champ....have not used it in quite a while,which should make no difference either way.I will see if the thermometer we use in the oven will work for the "test".I will post here,the steps taken to complete it. LOL...reminds me of the high school days in science lab.

• 1 month later...

The rock thermos is incredible ive been using mine for years and im looking to buy another one to have just in case

I meant to get back to this some time ago . I bought "The Rock" thermos at Target just before gun season and was skeptical about it . $25 was a great investment for this product . I have left it in the Subi all day after making the coffee at 4:30 am and have it still be hot at 5 pm . Best Thermos I have owned so far !

I am not a stand hunter. I leave my thermos in my truck...and get back to it for a cup of coffee every couple of hours or so. My wife sewed me a double-thick fleece sleeve to keep the thermos in. I leave this in the truck, where sunlight can hit it if there is any. Have no trouble keeping coffee hot all day in below-zero Adirondack weather.

Stanley's are hit and miss, I have heard a lot of this story. I fortunately have a good one. I have steel Thermos wide-mouth that's good too and the best I ever had were old Thermos and Alladin glass bottles. They really held the heat. Rather than one large bottle think about using two small ones. Opening and closing a big one loses heat and use soup instead of coffee or tea, as said the milk defeats the purpose. Chicken or beef bullion cubes in boiling water in a bottle stays red hot. I had tomato rice soup late this season and that heated up the body a lot more than coffee.

Also, put boiling water in it and seal it the night before, then put more hot water in while you are cooking the soup. All makes a difference

Edited by Suilleabhain

You mention milk as a problem.....last weekend up at camp,we arrived before dark on Friday and unloaded,turned on gas,started fire etc.While doing that,we did not take ice because it was quite cold.I put a half gal of milk that was 2/3 full on the porch rail in ablout 3" of snow to stay cold.I was supposed to put it in the cooler so it would not freeze over night.The next morning,the milk was not froze at all,no slushy,nothing,just good and cold. Strikes me as funny,it was 2% not whole milk? It was in the teens all night.