Long island NY pics

abruno25

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, become better hunters.... love to see some of the spots you hunt or better yet any proof of how good a hunter you are... my proof is posted....any pics of the great spots you picked?lets see some deer? any nice deer to brag about... i sure those 40 inch 4 pointers you shoot are quite inpressive...

Any deer I shoot is a nice deer to me.  So are you saying that bragging sized deer are the only deer one should be allowed to shoot?  That is YOUR opinion and surely not that of the DEC or the majority of hunters out there.

i'll tell you what.....  who would like to chip in with me to send steve a refund for his hunting lisence this year... just to keep his ignorance out of the woods...haha

Nah its OK, as long as AR stays in the WMU I'm in... Which it will because of overwheling success and approval. Its OK, he can practice BiD (Brown its Down) targeting all those yearling bucks and fawns while we try to mature the herd with better management and have a better hunting experiance for us and our future hunters.  I do think it should expand into other WMU's however, thats not up to me, thats up to those in the WMU's.  Its a shame with majority support the DEC didn't approve it there.

i'll tell you what.....  who would like to chip in with me to send steve a refund for his hunting lisence this year... just to keep his ignorance out of the woods...haha

No need to pay for it.  Having you, Hunter and Fairgame dazzle me with your biological brilliance is all the pay I need!  LOL

haha, become better hunters.... love to see some of the spots you hunt or better yet any proof of how good a hunter you are... my proof is posted....any pics of the great spots you picked?lets see some deer? any nice deer to brag about... i sure those 40 inch 4 pointers you shoot are quite inpressive...

i quess this went over your head... the reason i'm looking for those big deer is because we are letting the smaller bucks good to breed and mature... with you shooting anything you will never have the chance to pass on the good genes or give them a chance to grow to that 140 range....  look i'm not going to keep going on with you.... good luck

Any deer I shoot is a nice deer to me.  So are you saying that bragging sized deer are the only deer one should be allowed to shoot?  That is YOUR opinion and surely not that of the DEC or the majority of hunters out there.

i quess this went over your head... the reason i'm looking for those big deer is because we are letting the smaller bucks good to breed and mature... with you shooting anything you will never have the chance to pass on the good genes or give them a chance to grow to that 140 range....  look i'm not going to keep going on with you.... good luck this season...

No need to pay for it.  Having you, Hunter and Fairgame dazzle me with your biological brilliance is all the pay I need!  LOL

You ignorance is the real enjoyment.  Those guys are spot on, you brown its down people are a dying breed.  Majority want a better herd and opportunity in NY.

Well I hate to change the subject but Abruno they are some nice pics and I hope that you have a chance at that 9 point before you leave for your hunting trips or after you get back.

thanks bushnell... hope i get a shot at him... well i hope i get some more pics of him this week... try to see for any patterns... just hope it hangs around... i have an idea where hes bedding down... just have to hope for the best, thanks

Abruno- there is no doubt that the 9pt is over 140. (buck's ears are 7-7.5", I used them to "measure him") Its hard to judge main beam length- I guessed 23 because they come all the way around- and I used average 4" mass all the way through- trying to stay on the conservative side. He could really surprise you though. Regardless- he's fully mature and ripe for the picking. Only one sure way to find out...

i dont get why this thread took a wrong turn?

most of the guys on here who speek of scoring a buck and are curious to see what he would go gnerally do have mature deer on there land and like to concentrate on taking out mature bucks. those who dont have big deer and have the occasional decent buck pop up on trail cam would prob be curious to see how big he is as well. just becasue you are not interested in the size of antlers on a paticular deer doesnt mean it should be the way. Its all just another way for us to BS and comment on something. i think some people are getting out of control with the "why are hunters so greedy with size comments". its getting crazy, i know for a fact "MOST" of us who sit our ass's off all day would like to remain positive and think that big boy can come spurting through in a hurry. its what keeps you positive and excited. i know you cant eat the antlers but its a good feeling knowing that one can help change there hunting grounds and produce bigger deer in the future rather then consitantly killing small deer year after year. i know its meat in the freezer but a true hunter knows and lives for the experience and thrill of the hunt and its not always about killing a deer. its about the time we spend in the timber with freinds and family and ourselves...

who cares about why some are so obbsessed with size of racks, ill tell you one thing. i spend alot of time in the woods and do alot of pre season stuff in hope of putting myself on a decent size buck. my lively hood does not souly rely on deer meat so spending the time and money i do and end my season with a spike would not make me happy. id rather shoot a doe.

ill say it again, to each is own...