scent control!!!!

DeerLogic

i keep it in tubs when not using it.

No matter how much i try to keep scent free after the half mile hike in and then out of the woods i am stinky.Even after wiping down with a scent killer wipe.I carry all of my 2nd layers on my climber.I walk in a t-shirt in 15 degree weather and still get sweaty.it is impossible to not stink.

I play the wind the best i can and just hope for the best.

I still do what i can to be scent free but there isn't no way to not work up a sweat hiking in a half to a mile with a ton of gear on my back.Then out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad this was bought up on the boards. I have all the detergents, field sprays, deodorant and everything for the few weeks I'm heading to the woods. After I come home to wash the camo and the season is done, what's a good storage method to keeping them as scent free as possible? I've seen quite a few of the "scent-free" tubs for $79, but is that really worth it? Or is there something cheaper I can use?

i use the scentlok bags. Honestly i was at the point once where I used scent free chapstick, mouthwash and toothpaste underwear and socks and when you think about it, you're really getting ridiculous. As long as you wash your stuff, use the soap and deodorant and are cautious on where you store your stuff you're going to be fine. I know guys who store their boots in the garage and the cars will stink those up real quick.

I just leave my stuff outside for a few days and I make my own scent off. I'd rather buy a box of bullets then a bottle of scent off but thats just me..

A buddy of mine never uses scent off. He puts 0 effort into making him self not "smell" like whatever we smell like. And yes he has shot plenty of deer nice bucks too. He's an older guy who doesn't believe in it. It really sounds nutty but his biggest buck ever he shot right after getting home from a motorcycle ride he was still wearing his leathers. And this isn't a mother goose story.

I just leave my stuff outside for a few days and I make my own scent off. I'd rather buy a box of bullets then a bottle of scent off but thats just me..

A buddy of mine never uses scent off. He puts 0 effort into making him self not "smell" like whatever we smell like. And yes he has shot plenty of deer nice bucks too. He's an older guy who doesn't believe in it. It really sounds nutty but his biggest buck ever he shot right after getting home from a motorcycle ride he was still wearing his leathers. And this isn't a mother goose story.

if the winds in your favor and/or there's a hot doe around, you can spray deer off on yourself and still be successful. I just view it as increasing my odds.

if the winds in your favor and/or there's a hot doe around, you can spray deer off on yourself and still be successful. I just view it as increasing my odds.

If the winds not in your favor your going to get busted, regardless of how many scent control methods you use. You can fool a deer's eyes and ears, but you can't fool it's nose.

I seen a few post about them scent off bags and I had one when I bought the scent of kit. And needless to say I used it as a better trash bag. That was the loudest bag i've ever had to open. And when i'm creeping around my truck at 5 or 6 am and I cracked that thing open the hole woods heard me lol. I got rid of it the same day.

But balling your clothes up and putting them into a tub or bag and leaving them around your going to get a smell reguardless if the bag/tub is "scent off".

Keep it simple when possible.