Muzzleloader

BigGuyNY

Late season is tough , especially in heavily hunted areas.This is the time we all go out to a friends farm and drive the woods. Unbelievable how many deer you can push. We always do pretty good , occasionally a buck but mostly does. Its just a great time afield with friend to wrap up the season.

All areas are not the same For our area, seem to be special days when the deer come in the open. Last year, it was in a driving rain storm with a little fog on an evening hunt. My son had 11 deer in the wheat field.Shot a big doe. Food sources are good spots if u can catch them out of nocturnal, and their are times to do this. Deer tend to be in more cover most days. We hunt those areas too. Their are certain years, if you're in the right spot at the right time, might catch a flock, but u must be quick on your shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I love ml just as much as bow... i never push my property and by ml they realize my yard is a sanctuary. Last yr on opening day i remember seeing about 20-30 deer. They pile up in herds and its great.... just seems the big boys stay hidden though. Either way, depwnding on where u hunt ml can be great!