Italy Hill State Forest

Wheele90

When I worked at Naples school all the guys hunted that area...some fine bucks are taken out but the comment on the terrain echoed what is written by the DEC...

]Users should exercise extra caution when accessing stream corridors. Gentle streams become steep sided gullies very quickly in this area. The shale bedrock which forms the bottom of most of these gullies can be very slippery.[/b]

so a good pair of water proof sturdy boots will be needed....the guys said shooting a deer is not the problem...getting it out if it runs down hill is....good luck...

PS during the week days is a tad less busy...but not much the first week...but that was several years ago

My son has a camp in a section of Italy Valley between Potter and Naples . I hate walking around there as it always feels like you are walking uphill . His property is adjacent to state land and he gets tresspassers . There is a QDM group in the area and they have been seeing larger bucks since they started the program . I havn't hunted there in at least 3 years .