Hunter Re- Direction ( AKA the black art of hunter deception )

erussell

So does anyone else dable in the black art of hunter deception? I particulary like to use the giant rub and scrape technique to redirect other hunters to area's where the prevaling wind will drive the deer to me if the hunters try to access the area. This works like a charm every time especially if you sneek in at dusk and re freshen it. I have an old taxidermied deer hoof from a gun rack that ads a little realism to the package. Anyone else use some dirty tricks to your advantage. ( PS I dont do this during bow season as big rubs tend to attract big deer during the rut defeating the purpous . )

It works great!! I have kept hunters in areas for weeks doing this. If you want one side of a property all to yourself just go to the otherside and make a bunch of sign. If they stray to another area, they dont see the great sign and return to the deception rubs and hunt. :spiteful:

Edited by erussell

you must also have a black heart, I am sure you will go to hell for these type of acts....

I wonder if my small saw will work to make real great rubs, have a 3 prong small rake for the making of the scrape, and of course the last thing to do is pee on it.... and on the way out each night pee on it....

sure would be a wonder if that guy sets up on your false scrap and gets the biggest buck on the ridge...

Ha HA

you must also have a black heart, I am sure you will go to hell for these type of acts....

(The deal has been made my soul for a 200 inch buck :biggrin: jk 219 )

I wonder if my small saw will work to make real great rubs, have a 3 prong small rake for the making of the scrape, and of course the last thing to do is pee on it.... and on the way out each night pee on it...

I use a rasp for the rub and any stick laying around to make the scrape, I wont comment on peeing on it. :biggrin:

sure would be a wonder if that guy sets up on your false scrap and gets the biggest buck on the ridge...

Wouldnt be the first time I guess but usually the high amount of traffic the area gets keeps that from happening. But even a blind squill finds a nut every once in a while. :biggrin:

Ha HA

No other hunters in my spot, you'd have to cross fields of 1/2 mile or more in some directions to find another guy .

Now in years past before I had control of the land, and everyone drove eveything....

We'd hang up old orange coats and vests in the woods when we left for lunch or another spot. The woods is almost 1,000 feet off the road, so even with bino's one can't tell its just a coat.

I've heard of guys hanging very sweaty cut up t shirts upwind of spots...." Larry why you taking yout shirt home from the gym in a zip lock bag ? "

About the best way to use the wind i know .

• Like 1