Action Track Chair - Anyone have one?

HUNT6246

I have trouble getting around due to medical problems. Some days, even getting into an ATV or UTV can be a problem. I found information about these chairs and would really like to get one. They are basically and electric wheel chair with tank tread like wheels/ belts for outdoor use. They have a joy stick for steering and you can get them with a gun rack and few other options such as headlights. They supposedly have a 7 mile range on one charge - level going. The seats will tilt forward and back for going up or down hill and they're totally silent. I gave one a test drive and it was really fantastic. Only trouble is that they're kind of pricy and health insurance won't cover it. Just wondering if anyone has one and what your experiences have been with it. Thanks

Just like many medical related items, they're expensive @ around $10k depending on the options selected. But, if you look on-line, their price is very competitive with other similar off pavement type chairs that are out there. By the way, I also considered electric golf carts and such but the turning radius is just to great for areas I hunt. Also in Region 9A I'm hunting small wood lots. I've worried for years that when I use an ATV deer are at least alerted and / or go out the other side of cover before I can hunt. A chair like this will let me be in more or a 'stealth' mode!

before you right this off as stupid....have you considered a zero turn electric mower?...heres the thing...your talking 5-7 thousand. verses 10.000 and you can have it camo painted...no biggy...and remove the deck for hunting...then you have a useful mower off season...that is if you have a lawn...multi-purpose and several thou in savings...just a thought

before you right this off as stupid....have you considered a zero turn electric mower?...heres the thing...your talking 5-7 thousand. verses 10.000 and you can have it camo painted...no biggy...and remove the deck for hunting...then you have a useful mower off season...that is if you have a lawn...multi-purpose and several thou in savings...just a thought

Thats a good idea

Google eletric zero turn mowers...you'll find there are several brands out there.......once the deck is removed it's a matter of stepping in and turning to sit...check it out you may find it to be an option...Good Luck

PS and they are hand operated(levers on each side)

Edited by growalot

I saw one of those tank tread type wheel chairs on an episode of Tred barta. He was bear hunting with Hounds and it did not look that great. Obviously the terrain was a real challenge but it seemed to have problems going up any sort of incline anywhere close to 30 degrees.

I did see him use it in Texas where he was hog hunting and it seemed to fair much better. I dont know about the sound that may come from that thing but nothing was noticeable on TV.

Posted Today, 10:07 AM

I know my zero turn gets stuck if i try to mow after a rain and it would not even think about going through the woods.

That I believe would be a tire issue...as with golf carts...he could ...before buying ...consider seeing if the zero turn could be fitted with different tires for traction and possible a lift kit?

I know my zero turn gets stuck if i try to mow after a rain and it would not even think about going through the woods. Also once stuck it is hard to get unstuck. Bad boy buggy is what you need

put some aggressive tread 4 wheeler tires on it that should help a ton (those turf tires r a joke)

I looked at some of the zero turn mowers. I didn't find any electric riding models that seemed to offer any advantage over the Action Track Chair. Also, many of the zero turn mowers seemed to have outrigger type front wheels that could be an obstacle to getting around through the brush. I put one of the ATC's on order and now expect delivery in mid-Dec. Probably will get here too late for anything but maybe the last couple days of muzzleloader season but, at least I'll have it for turkeys come May. Thanks all for the input!