Other hunter close what to do

Chef

So I pay a small fee to hunt a property in northern westchester when I got Down from my stand the other morning ( a climber) I noticed another climber attached to the base of a tree 20 yards behind me. How do I deal with this if we run into each other. We both pay to hunt this land. I'm hopeing this does not become a big issue.... I was seeing tons of deer until I notices this climber and the 20 sent pads he hung every where

Its hard to say really. Maybe just talking to the guy and trying to split the land up so you can both SAFELY hunt the same area.

And hey using some scent pads is a great thing to be doing right now with the weird rut and warm temps.

I mean not 20 of them lol maybe 2. Try and talk to him is the first step i'd say.

Good luck.

i hunt public land so its a little different but theres 2 or 3 other guys that go to the exact same spot as me.. we pretty much came to an understanding that whoever was there first gets the spot.. which i think is very fair.. one shot a spike from that spot while i was about 400yards away they were there first

Yea we haven't I'm just going to get there as early as possible on the days I hunt. In the past on public land I have had guys be not so cool I had a guy walk in and use his climber no more than 40 yards away he sat there and chain smoked the entire time. Bow season last year

Frankly, I would find it to be a bit of a pain to have to get into a foot-race with some other guy just to get to a spot. You never said how many acres this place was, but I'll bet it is big enough for the both of you without fighting to get to one particular spot. Since you don't seem to be able to run into each other to talk it out, I see this whole thing as ending badly. Somebody is going to have to back down.

Me personally, I like hunting for the experience 1st and the kill 2nd so during times when it's overly crowded and I have to compete against other hunters, I rather hunt a different spot or not at all. It sucks because you pay for that spot.

he knows you are there.Thats why he left his climber.To claim that spot.If you saw his climber you would have gone on to a diferent spot right?Yes.most likely.So he might do like me.Try to plan the hunt the next day in adv down to a few days in adv with wind and morning stand preference.Just a hunch.

So you need to do the same.Get some lock on stands.With climbing sticks.Not to start a war but if you pay to hunt it then hunt it.

I had permision to hunt some land with one other guy.80 acr.I geve him most of it cause i didn't want to be rude since he had been there many yrs before me.He shot huge bucks so there every yr.I didn't hunt the area that they were cause he had stands there.But now i know different.I will hunt it.If i pay to hunt it i will hunt it.the last yr i hunted it and i never even saw the guy but once.On the way out.

Dude.just hunt it.You both pay.

• Like 1