Got a new sight today

WNYBuckHunter

I ended up trading one of my older trailcams (Moultrie D40) for a new (to me) sight for my bow today. I got a 5 pin Copper John Dead Nuts Pro with the 3rd plane bar. It has the optional flip cap and light on it. I took my old 3 pin Tru-Glow sight off and put it on my fiance's bow. I just got my bow sighted in the other day and now I have to do it again lol.

Shes all sighted in and good out to 40. The sight has 5 pins, but Ill be taking 2 off. I might move one all the way up to be a 10 yard pin just for the heck of it though. My last sight has .029 pins, this one has .019 pins and it makes a huge difference. At 20 and 30 yards my groups tightened way up, but that might be because Ive shot a few times and my form is getting back to where it needs to be. I know I can see alot better with the smaller pins though.

• 4 weeks later...

Two weeks ago i put on truglo's Range Rover, I always had a three pin sight previously and decided to switch to a single pin. So far it has been a good investment, even though I never belived I would spend over $90 on a bow sight.

I have the Tru-Glo sight on two bows . Love the single pin sights !

I ended up trading one of my older trailcams (Moultrie D40) for a new (to me) sight for my bow today. I got a 5 pin Copper John Dead Nuts Pro with the 3rd plane bar. It has the optional flip cap and light on it. I took my old 3 pin Tru-Glow sight off and put it on my fiance's bow. I just got my bow sighted in the other day and now I have to do it again lol.

Putting a new sight on this close to the opener....ballys man, but as long as shes shooting good for you then i guess you made out.  I never like to mess with equipment this close to the season unless its an absolute must. 

Well, it was a month ago that I did it, and I had it sighted in the same day. Ive got it dialed in to the point where its a bit more accurate than my old one. I attribute that to the smaller pin size. I like it alot more than my old sight. Glad I did it.

I agree smaller pins help, I keep looking at the sights that start with .29 and go down to .10 in size, I think I want that one for next year. I have an aweful lot of fun practicing at 50 yards and can see my self moving back to 60 just for the hell of it.