Tree Stand Delima

Salmon_Run

Thanks guys, I knew this would stir some debate.

I took down the line of orange flag tape and wrapped it on the bottom section of the stand. I had nothing to leave as a note. I don't want to start a range war and problems.

I guess they were recently ticketed by ENCON for putting out salt/mineral blocks on their land right behind their camp and were being watched for cutting trails for wheelers across and on state land..... wonderful start....I go to the backwoods to get away from this type of crap....funny that all the posted signs on my property had suddenly vanished along that adjoining boundry line too.......I pay taxes and if asked politely I would consider a reciprical type agreement... The camp behind me and I have agreed as such and we have lots of access to state land as welll off our one back line..... wish me luck please.......

They were ticketed and I guess there is "Facebook" trail cam pictures taken at their camp with the block in full view...........

Maybe they will learn their lesson soon enough. I just do not want trails, salt blocks and tree stand on my land.......

You can learn easily who owns what with county tax records on line......

Thanks Doewacker..............................I may need to circle the wagons up North...

take it and leave a note to contact you for a return OR go talk to em and try and see if it was an honest mistake.... i bet you would sure hate if you accidentaly put up a stand on someones property and they just smashed it or took it without giving you a chance to explain....... Stands Cost MONEY!!!!!

so does land taxes posted signs etc. If they mistake them oh well.

I would take the stand down and leave a note pinned to the tree in a plastic bag telling the owner of the stand to contact me to get it back. If the person contacted me, I would talk to them about where the property line is, etc. if they dont contact you before the end of the season, keep it.

I honestly have no idea why people seem to want to destroy things, etc and end up creating more problems for themselves. What if you have a wounded deer run onto their property? You dont want a good chance of having recovery rights? What if vandals or thieves are damaging or robbing camps? You dont want your neighbor keeping an eye out for those things rather than just turning a blind eye?

I would want the fair chase taking care of before season. In other words I would want to know before season if I could recover a wounded animal. Then there is no worry unless they decide to put up stands on your land and then say you cant recover when you ask them to remove them.