homemade camo...

ok, im starting this thread for guys to post there ideas and/or things you all ready have done on homemade camo any photos would be welcome...

for starters today i used some black spray paint on a light gray jacket to make a branch type pattern, i tried it out this afternoon and it blends in to the snow pretty good... (i would try to post pics but my phone is dead)

you can post about any kind of camo, snow or summer clothes or blinds it dont matter i am esp. interested in clothes but any homemade stuff is interesting..

mods may move to DIY if this is in the wrong spot....

I make a lot of my camo.ASAT type camo.I have a gore tex suit i got for rain suit that i used fabric paint on.ASAT/predator type design.I love to make my own camo.Just get a pair of pants from the salvation army and go to town.Desert camo is a good base for an ASAT design.I don't take many pictures but i have bins full of home made camo.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've made a snow camo poncho a few times for predator hunting. Just used a bed sheet and different color sharpie markers to add a pattern. It's nice because I can move my hands underneath the poncho and not worry about them seeing me. I have a woodland camo ARMY rain poncho too which is great for turkey hunting. I can use friction calls and keep my gun dry as well.

This year I might get some painters coveralls or seperate pants/jacket and just leave them plain white. I would try a tyvek, but just not sure if they're gonna be noisy or not. Canvas painters suits, while not waterproof, should be more durable.

I wonder if a tie dye method would work ? Take an olive drab, military surplus type, shirt or pants and bound it up tight in a bunch of places with big rubber bands, then stick the whole thing in a brown or black  dye solution. It might look a little crazy but it might work too. 

I wonder if a tie dye method would work ? Take an olive drab, military surplus type, shirt or pants and bound it up tight in a bunch of places with big rubber bands, then stick the whole thing in a brown or black  dye solution. It might look a little crazy but it might work too. 

LOL I think that would look cool!

That'd be groovy maaaan! lol

Good idea. It would probably work!

put that free time to making stands and blinds then. Not to hard to make a homemade tree stand, and even easier to make a good blind.

just my .02

Oh I Do!!! i make most of my own treestands and (so far) ALL of my own blinds