A little info , state comparisons

G-Man

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Isn’t this old news didn’t this come out a few years ago. The guy also didn’t like the cold weather either. I for one am glad he thinks the hunting in NY sucks. I for one have killed more than my share of big bucks over the years. Now after my second knee replacement I’m just glad I can still get out.

Same guy different article

• 2 weeks later...

Nowhere does Kip mention culture and hunter mindset toward taking more mature deer. Maybe rightfully so because it's not as easily quantifiable. You can pull those numbers right from our state harvest summary though. compare say WMU 4C here to some WMU's in region 8 and 9. You'll see we have the same sustained buck harvest per square mile but doe harvest out in those western NY WMU's is 4 times higher. WNY has more deer per square mile than here but shooting the same number of bucks as us. More bucks are living to older age classes and growing bigger antlers. Even "scrub" racked older bucks lead to more perceived opportunity at bigger than average deer.

without QDM co-ops and voluntary antler restrictions I don't think I'd see a 3.5 year old buck, let alone every year. that's how it used to be anyway. i catch so much BS from some hunters that are part of the co-op it bothered me at first. Then they'd have a great season and you're suddenly their long lost friend that's a billionaire. Their neighbors have a great following season and theirs not so much.... back to hearing you're destroying the deer hunting again. Regs or hunter density is a drop in the bucket compared to you awesome neighbors you might not even know you have.