What's an honest distance?

nybuckboy

i think we are talking about two different things; The hinge pin holds the barrel to the receiver and if there is movement there, side to side or up and down then the accuracy will be off.

with that kind of grouping i wouldn't worry about changing anything. do you reload? b/c if you don'y just think about the grouping you could get with reloads.

The 223 was factory since I dind't have the dies yet but he 308 were hand loads. I hae 223 dies now.

I don't see how movement laterally would eccect the accuracy since as WNY said the scope is attached to the barrel . That barrel should be able to be switched between frames and have no change in POI. torque against eh back of the casing would really need a loose pin to accomplish any movement but once the action is locked and can't see any movement in an action of the Encores.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

go to this site (www.bellmtcs.com), take a look at what he has to say and tell me it isn't true. i hunt with alot of people that have T/C and most has some kind of issue with them that would be corrected with infor for this web site.

T/C are nice guns; looked very hard at them before i went to the apex.

I think he has many good things to say or help the TC ,but not all of them need any help. My encore muzzleloader will make one large clover shaped hole after another at 100 yds . Well after 3-4 shots I may have to break her down and give it a thorough cleaning( the barrel tolerances are tight ,because she is a bear to load after a few shots.) I did use his trigger and hammer spring kit though. You cannot beat a 2# trigger.

i've looked at the Bellm website. they know their stuff and it's good quality stuff but i think a lot of it is a bit over kill. I don't forsee the hinge assembly on my ProHunter getting any play any time soon. Right now I can shoot subMOA with my load and gun. Couple good days I've single holed three shot groups. An honest range for most muzzleloader hunting and setups with the average shooter is 150 yards. 200 yards is reasonable. Farther is just plain stupid, unless you're paying attention to wind, have put in the time to work up an accurate load for the gun, and can shoot it darn well. Isn't the same as a rifle.

From a bench / Sandbags I can accurately shoot 300 with my Omega. Off Hand I'm very comfortable at ~100 , but would certainly be able to put it in to a target as large as a deers boiler room at 150. My Renegade.. open sights, Keep it 100 yards and under. I have an old Target underhammer 54 cal octagon barrel (unknown maker) that off hand is a tack driver... but it is VERY long and not a great hunting setup.