Venison Heart Fajitas

WNYBuckHunter

Trim out the heart and slice lengthwise in half. Trim out inner tendons and then slice 1/4" thick lengthwise slices. Slice up a medium size yellow onion, a red pepper and a green pepper. Heat 1TBS olive oil in a skillet and add onion and pepper plus fajita seasoning (I use a packet from the store, 1/2 of the packet is fine) with 1/3 cup water. Cook onion and pepper until they start becoming soft, and the water has been cooked off, then add 1TBS minced garlic and your slices of meat. Cook until meat is medium, making sure to flip and stir often, so as not to burn the garlic. Serve on warm tortillas with sour cream and hot sauce. I also substitute the sour cream with Taco Bell brand Jalapeno sauce.

fajitas1_zps4134d0b9.jpg

fajitas2_zpse34f7c91.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How does the heart taste like? I never tried it so have no idea, just like "the other meat" ???

I've eaten lots of deer hearts, but I find it difficult to answer that question, Bkln...

The FLAVOR is definitely VENISON like..It's the TEXTURE that is unique...It is very dense meat, but still not tough...The fibers are so close together that a heart muscle does not get bloodshot like other parts of the deer. Shoot a deer through the middle of the heart and all you have to do is cut away the hole. The rest of it is fine..

• Like 2