Pups first bunny

Who says you need a beagle to get rabbits?

It took me a few rabbits to get one in the open enough to get it but I finally did and my pup is happy. I think they were holding tight today because of my dog running about with his bell on, we kicked up 6 and all of them were within feet of us. Lucic worked hard today and was on this ones tail when I dusted it with the 20 gage. He had a perplexed look when he got to it and got it in his mouth and finished it, kinda like "what is this?"

Fun day with my son, wife and dog.

post-28-0-85541500-1356291892_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

doe good to see me and the cocker are going out in the am hopefully some grouse maybe some rabbits shes good for flushing out squirrels too...... thing is to the dismay of the pureists i have found none of the fur to deter her bird flushing skills.... main problem with some of the bunnies is shes just too close...... also the open fields put a whoopin on my small statured birddog but she will run the thickets for days on end good luck with the rest of your season