Mother shoots intruder . . .

Deerthug

Consider she was constrained inside a crawlspace, using her body to defend her children and still managed to hit her attacker with 5 out of 6 shots Sogaard. I think it's safe to assume she's a passable shot.

Myself, I'd have chosen a larger caliber, with a hotter load, delivering more energy. But she did what she did with what she had. What if there had been 2 attackers? Or 5? And if you're going to say they would have run away, why would they do say when they heard the click click click of the hammer falling on empty brass? No. Ammunition limits aren't worth the paper they are printed on in terms of stopping crimes. They only render mothers at home alone with their children helpless when she runs out of bullets.

And that was only a single intruder. How many rounds would she have wanted if two or three home invaders had entered the house? Why is it that these anti-gun freaks want to handicap legal gun owners in favor of the bad-guys when it comes to legitimate self defense? Probably has something to do with "criminal's rights" .

If 50 round drums were legal, it is still not going help someone with a .38 revolver.

And there are people busily working right now to make sure that she and all others are similarly under-gunned in these kinds of situations. Apparently it doesn't bother our anti-gun friends one bit to help out those that would do violence to innocent homeowners.

If 50 round drums were legal, it is still not going help someone with a .38 revolver.

This is obfuscation of the matter at hand Sogaard. I recognize that the limit in this particular instance was the weapon itself, and I acknowledged it in another post. However, the meat of the matter is that we have persons who are decrying high capacity magazines as "unnecessary" when this one particular instance proves that more ammunition is superior to less in every case. I can link you to several videos of policemen putting rounds into perpetrators that do not drop. Again, ammunition limits are by no means an effective means of stopping crimes, and moreso, put law abiding citizens in defensive positions at a disadvantage. Pointing to the weapon at hand in this case as some sort of proof that 50 round drums aren't going to help and thus are not necessary is petty, and beneath what I usually see as intellectual (if misguided) posts from you. Arbitrarily saying "Hey, 10 rounds is plenty." ignores the fact that in a high pressure situation such as this one, or worse, one with multiple attackers, 10 rounds most likely will in fact not be enough. First, just because someone is shot does not mean they are incapacitated, and second, most people are not combat veterans used to being in firefights. As such, it is almost certain some rounds will miss their mark entirely, or cause only superficial wounding. Why risk innocent lives because evil men do evil things with inanimate objects?

• Like 3