Reloading?

HuntOrBeHunted

The simple answer is "Yes". And also there is now the added benefit of achieving a condition of independence and not relying on a source of ammo that is always under threat of being regulated away, or becoming a source of ever-increasing harrassment by taxation and/or regulation. This is the time to get equipped and educated in the techniques of reloading, and also laying in a lifetime stockpile of needed components (or as close to that as you can practically acheive).

• Like 1

Very nice. I'm new to reloading although I have been around firearms, shooting and hunting my whole life reloading is one thing I have not thought much about until now.

What are some of the must haves to get into reloading? I would like to reload a number of calibers that I own and maybe show my sister how to do it also.

Re-loading press

Powder dispenser

Powder scale

Priming tool

Dies

Case sizer and de-priming dies

bullet seating dies

Case length trimmer

De-burring tool

A good set of vernier calipers

Components

primers

brass (cases)

powder

bullets

Reloading manual - I recommend Hornady's book, but there are others that are all good.

Probably the best accessory that I can recommend would be a friend that reloads to sit with you for a while to show you step-by-step exactly how to do it.

So everybody ..... What did I forget? I know that list sounds awful short to me like I might have left out a bunch of stuff.

Very nice. I'm new to reloading although I have been around firearms, shooting and hunting my whole life reloading is one thing I have not thought much about until now.

What are some of the must haves to get into reloading? I would like to reload a number of calibers that I own and maybe show my sister how to do it also.

We just had a thread on this and I gave links to some of the stuff I got when I got into it.

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/13316-new-to-reloading/

I chose this set up becasue I could use in in single stage operation for my rifle rounds and in a more progressive mode for pistol ammo. with everything set up I can load 100-150 357 magmun in about an hour. For rifles it is flexible enough to load even long magnum rifle rounds and the price point didn't break the bank.

Lyman puts out a couple of excellent reloading books . One for rifles and one for pistols . Read the book a couple of times before getting into reloading to see if you feel you are up to the task .,

If you get into it , check Craigslist as sometimes there are some decent reloading equipment for sale on there .

Lee has some excellent starter kits . RCBS puts out a RockChucker reloading kit that is supposed to be good but more expensive than Lee equipment .

There is another Reloading thread on this site