This story was buried by the media . . .

Deerthug

It's so funny to me that there actually is such a thing as 'anti-science attitudes'. I don't know what you mean about the labrador and the anti-science rhetoric. What other side of the coin are you referring to? Are you saying the 'science' requires some sort of a defense?

We apparently are not on the same page, I guess I dont understand what you meant.

...............Are you saying the 'science' requires some sort of a defense?

There are a lot of things that get passed off as "science" that definitely need de-bunking. That is where the term "junk science" came from. Biased, contrived, manipulated, studies and experiments can be powerful tools for those subjects that have political outcomes. Heavily funded "scientific" studies funded by those that have a stake in the outcomes come to mind. Our biggest shortfall is in being so intellectually lazy as to simply grab onto whatever version of "science" that suits our purposes and then passing it off as fact. It's a common tactic used with the hope that it will stop opposing arguments in their tracks with it all being posed as irrefutable scientific fact.

• Like 2

There are a lot of things that get passed off as "science" that definitely need de-bunking. That is where the term "junk science" came from. Biased, contrived, manipulated, studies and experiments can be powerful tools for those subjects that have political outcomes. Heavily funded "scientific" studies funded by those that have a stake in the outcomes come to mind. Our biggest shortfall is in being so intellectually lazy as to simply grab onto whatever version of "science" that suits our purposes and then passing it off as fact. It's a common tactic used with the hope that it will stop opposing arguments in their tracks with it all being posed as irrefutable scientific fact.

Here you go, PLEASE watch the whole thing, same but different:

http://vimeo.com/44367635