YOTES WITH HOUNDS

Cool stuff....how do you hunt them?

I know must guys look for block of land that is like 1milex1mile....then send the dogs in and watch on gps to where they are about to come out...then be waiting or if you got 4 guys you can put each guy on 1 side of the block waiting for when they run out.

They are pure running walker foxhounds. Our line comes from Canada. Yes, we usually have litters. We hunt bigger woods. We find a track and put our 11 year old jump dog on. Once she jumps we add more hounds and try to catch her off. We have a one hour rule. The dogs have to run one hour before shooting the coyote. Unless the dogs catch them which has happened quite a bit this year.

Its worth the trip to hunt with these guys if they offer. I've hunted racoons in those neck of the woods. Its totally awesome up their. I miss living in the area. When I visit, I plan on doing something in the woods during hunting season. Plan on doing other things up their as well. never a dull moment. Keep up the good hunting.

Keep up the good work out there. Unfortunatly we haven't been as lucky as you with the yotes. I think we are only at 14 for the season with the dogs. Better numbers last year at this time with worse weather. Hopefully we get some good runs in this weekend and some straight shots.