DIY cheap easy snow camo job

• 9 months later...

It's not the tape residue you guys need to worry about, there's countless products out there that will remove whatever residue you have left over, if any at all. It's moisture damage that cannot be fixed, rust is rust, aint no two ways about. I would be very careful with my gun if it was me. If you suspect any amount of mositure in the tape at all I would remove immediately, dry gun, and apply light coating of oil. Don't ruin a straight shooting rifle for the "cool factor", because in all reality your black rifle isnt gonna stand out so much that you'll never see a deer.

A little sniper trick I learned that is something that easily can be removed and even camo pattern changed by adding natural foliage.

What you need.

1 yard of burlap ~$3.

1-1.5 yard of elastic band lace ~$3

RIT fabric dye

For snow camo, buy white burlap as you can't dye regular burlap white. Buy one packet of black Dye, dye some of the fabric black.

Pull the strands of burlap apart (it's woven)

Tie those strands to the elastic lace, tie a slip knot at both ends of the lace. Simply tighten the slipknot on the muzzle, wrap the rifle (avoiding optics and tigger/bolt function) use other slipknot to hold the other end of lace in place on the stock.

It breaks up the outline of the rifle, and blends it in with color. Feel free to use natural foliage using the lace as a media of attachment.