Erussell Foodplots 2013

So once again I turn my thoughts to food plots for the yr. So far I have 2 that I have cleared out over the yrs. Do to a lack of funds last yr they sat idle with a bunch of weeds. This yr Im hoping that things will be better though im not to confident. But I have been working over the last 2 days on clearing brush for plot #3

In the picture below B is the first plot I made C is the 2nd and A is the one im working on now. Not sure what Im going to put in them yet. Will have to see what funds are available come Sept. But the work starts already. Hopefully I will be able to show you the progress made on each plot over the next few months money willin.

post-205-0-89088800-1361268513_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-04008400-1361269413_thumb.jpg

Edited by erussell
  • Like 1

Have Fun ...how do you feel your efforts in plot B turned out for you?

Deer loved it, even had 2 really nice 8 pointers bedding in the woods right next to it. 1st frost they ate it right down to the ground. Now this was before when bow started on the 15th. Now they are in trouble because I can be in my stand when they are eating it.

As for what is going in them this yr Im not sure. Though plot A I would like to plant something substantial. like half a clover of some sort and half turnips to keep them coming to it later in the season. B and C will probably get winter rye and rape again.

Edited by erussell