Open Minded Vegan???

So I was talking to a vegan the other day that I ran across a few times in my life who is always crusading for her way of life. I do admire her passion but I disagree with her lifestyle. She's currently peddling a book that she wrote about the food industry and her life style, animals rights etc... She asked me if I wanted to buy a copy and I politely said I wasn't interested until she told me that "I need to open my mind and experience different things and learn the truth!" So I acknowledge that she was correct that I was a close minded in this aspect and had little knowledge of the vegan lifestyle and proposed this deal. I offered to purchase the book and read in its entirety if and only if she agreed to come with me hunting as a spectator alone. Let's just say I will not being purchasing the book or reading it. Its funny the so called "open minded vegan" that wanted me to learn her lifestyle was to close minded to try mine. PS My deer meat pot roast I just ate was delicious and a 100% organic :spiteful:

• Like 6

So I was talking to a vegan the other day that I ran across a few times in my life who is always crusading for her way of life.....

Oh yeah she was the pastey-faced gal with the gray face and the ribs showing through her sweater.

• Like 1

I have two nieces who are vegetarians and I worked with a woman who is a vegan. All three are not open minded to anything. "meat is murder and unhealthy and torture to animals and barbaric and blah blah.. All three are pasty, bone thin and unhealthy looking. If we have a cook out or get together, my nieces bring their own bags of birdfood and lecture everyone one about how bad meat is. They are both young, 20 and 16 so there is no talking to them. Soooo I mess with them. I'll put the plate of raw burgers, that are ready for the grill, down right next to their bowls of nuts and berries. While Im cooking i walk over to where they are sitting, start talking and wave my greasy spatula around as I talk. I put some color in their skin once. I mixed red food coloring & a little water, rubbed it all over my white apron and walked out onto the patio with a huge raw steak on a bar-B-Q fork.

Childish but fun.

Edited by ants