• 100% No
    • Maybe in certain areas
    • On private land only but not public
    • Yes, but only in the offseason

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't planting a food plot Inticing them to eat something.  FOOD PLOTS ARE GLORAFIED BAIT PILES!!!  how many of you who say baiting is illegal use a food plot?

Nobody is just "saying" baiting is illegal. It is illegal regardless of whether you are operating a food plot or not (which by the way is a legal activity). That's a pretty important distinction regardless of how we attempt to twist definitions.

Doc

Isn't planting a food plot Inticing them to eat something.  FOOD PLOTS ARE GLORAFIED BAIT PILES!!!  how many of you who say baiting is illegal use a food plot?

I Don't, and I have food plots....  Big different from a 2 acre plot and a pile of corn, especially from the CWD reasons that NY uses for banning baiting.

I Don't, and I have food plots....  Big different from a 2 acre plot and a pile of corn, especially from the CWD reasons that NY uses for banning baiting.

Lol.... I found that out last night. I have an area between the house yard and the road that is about 2 acres of lawn that I keep mowed. It is surrounded on three sides by pines and thicket. It does act like a food plot even though it is only lawn grass. It attracts deer so I set up a pop-up ground blind tucked into the pines and brushed in perfectly.

Ok ..... that's a great set-up except that I watched deer come out about 70 yards away that never did get any closer all evening. Not hardly like baiting at all is it? Not even close!

Doc

food plots, baiting, whatever blows your skirt up I guess... haha.  I have no need for any of it.. hunting big bucks in the adirondacks isn't about sitting around in a comfy treestand waiting for a little 4 pointer to come to your hybrid clover patch. But, as long as you're having fun.. have at it!

food plots, baiting, whatever blows your skirt up I guess... haha.  I have no need for any of it.. hunting big bucks in the adirondacks isn't about sitting around in a comfy treestand waiting for a little 4 pointer to come to your hybrid clover patch. But, as long as you're having fun.. have at it!

Comfy treestand???? .....Heck no. I sit in my comfy ground blind. I don't go up in those trees anymore. :O

Doc