Youth Turkey Hunt Contest - Enter Now - Deadline April 24th

letinmfly

I'm going to give away a turkey call, not sure what kind yet.  Any successful youth hunter that scores will qualify to win.

It's going to be very simple.  Post a short story about your hunt and a picture of yourself with your bird.  You can give the stats on your bird but it will not count towards my decision on the winner.  It will be based solely on the quality of your picture and the content of the story.

As soon as I decide which call to give away I will post a picture of it.  Entry deadline for this contest will be April 24, 2013 at 9:00pm EST.

Good luck to all participants in the youth hunt this year.

** This is not run by HuntingNY.com 

• Like 2

heres a picture of my sons first longbeard. we hunted thru the rain an snow on saturday morning to finnaly connect with this bird . the bird never gobbled in the tree that we could here because of the40mph wind be when we did hear him fire up he was close an he walked right to the barrel very proud of my son to have to sit thru all that crappy weather.ru468h.jpg

• Like 1

post-935-0-23048200-1366683395_thumb.jpgpost-935-0-42080500-1366683410_thumb.jpg

This is my 12 year old son Luke on his first turkey hunt with his Uncle Kevin. Unfortunately I was unable to be with him due to work commitments, but he had the time of his life with his uncle and it was a pretty special day for his uncle too, because Luke shot this beauty on his sons birthday. His son passed away 10 years in a motorcycle accident. They both said that Kevin Jr. Put that turkey in front of them to shoot. They started out the morning going to Uncle Kevin's hunting spot and about 15 minutes into the hunt they heard a Tom in his roost. It came down from its roost and into the field approximately 15 yards away. Now this was a big boy, 12 inch beard and 2 inch spurs, but he never presented a head shot there was a branch in the way. Then some hens came into the field and he strutted away following the hens. They took a a mid morning break for some hot chocolate and coffee and went to a different spot and that is when they spotted this nice jake about 30 yards away. Luke picked up his 12 gauge Ted Wiiliams shotgun and with ace precision took his first turkey. Not bad for a first the jake had a 4 inch beard and less than 1:2 inch spurs and weighed approximately 14 lbs. Needless to say i think he's hooked for life. Hopefully next year I will be able to experience this with him on the next youth season. We are going to make it a family tradition to hunt with his uncle Kevin.

• Like 2

The winner of this year's contest is Luke.  I will be sending you a call that I am going to have made for you instead of the one pictured.  The one that is pictured will be going to allblue bandit's son.  I couldn't sand to see either one not get a call.

Congrats to both young lads!!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We just want to thank letinmfly for the amazing turkey call. Luke received it today and was totally stoked. The call is amazing. Luke is going to put it with his turkey when he gets it back from the taxidermist.

post-935-0-31436500-1368319973_thumb.jpg

post-935-0-50523300-1368320013_thumb.jpg

• Like 2