So who else is hitting the woods early on May 1st?

Deerthug

I just found this site recently, I just picked up over 200 acres of property for turkey hunting. Went to do some scouting this morning and was greeted with a plethora of gobbles. Didn't lay any eyes on the birds but I didn't stick around long. Got an idea of where they were and where they are going, pumped about May 1st. Good luck everyone

• Like 1

I just found this site recently, I just picked up over 200 acres of property for turkey hunting. Went to do some scouting this morning and was greeted with a plethora of gobbles. Didn't lay any eyes on the birds but I didn't stick around long. Got an idea of where they were and where they are going, pumped about May 1st. Good luck everyone

200 just for turkey? and by picked up; do you mean purchased?

Welcome to the site, and good luck with the turkey hunting.

I wish I purchased 200, we went to a bunch of local farms and asked permission. We scouted the last few days and I'm pumped for tomorrow. We've seen and heard gobblers all over. After looking at it again its about 150 in one spot and over 250 in the other. Stacked fields, a stream runs through one and both have hardwoods. We put a few makeshift blinds in yesterday.