Seneca - Watkins Glen

the blur

We were cruising around Watkins Glen and saw the Seneca white deer.   Middle of the night, and a white deer is in the middle of the rode, with 2 fawns.   My non-hunting friends thought it was a goat.      Not timid at all.   They stood in the road, and hung out while we watched them.    Looks like they had a rough winter.  Although scrawny, they are pretty cool looking.

• Like 1

Where did you see them in Watkins Glen? I know a few  years ago, there was a farmer that owned something like 400 acres of land, and had a problem with the Town/County over a road that went through his property and he refused to pay his taxes and they forclosed on it, and he used to race deer and just cut  then fence's down and let the deer go. So there has been fallow deer and a couple of other kinda of deer just roaming the area. If you goto the Upper part of Watkins Glen state park there is a huge fence up there that a guy has elk. You can see them once in awhile.

I guess im lucky to live 5 mins. from the depot and can see them all the time, Im fine and the extra arm that grows out of my neck is usefull for holding the binos and driving, Wish it would tan up though its as white as those deer, :spiteful:

Glad you have an extra arm  ..It's much handier than having an extra of some other body parts...

I mean, who needs 2 or 3 belly buttons ?

Reminds me of a girl I used to date..

She had 3 breasts....One grew in the middle of her back...

She was my favorite girl to slow dance with....

She had to pay a BUNDLE for those custom made bras, though....

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2

I guess im lucky to live 5 mins. from the depot and can see them all the time, Im fine and the extra arm that grows out of my neck is usefull for holding the binos and driving, Wish it would tan up though its as white as those deer, :spiteful:

Isn't Romulin near you ?  I remember seeing the road sign and thinking of the Star trek series.

• Like 1