Impossible to get a new gun in nyc

Stupidness!!! I sure hope I can move to TX!!!

No need to go that far just come up to NH Live Free or Die

only problem we have up here is finding ammo & concealed carry permit takes about a week & good for 4 years

Edited by gfdeputy2

No need to go that far just come up to NH Live Free or Die

only problem we have up here is finding ammo & concealed carry permit takes about a week & good for 4 years

NH deer hunting and taxes are terrible, only 12k average deer taken any year, NY is about 40 times that.. My friend moved there in 08 and his property taxes went from 7k to 13k in that time and he cant make any money?

And Texas, your better off sticking your head in a toilet. Remember the grass is always greener.

So, by now it has to be getting obvious that gun ownership is very much in danger. Those that used to comfort themselves by saying "Oh no, that can never happen", are maybe starting to get the inkling that it can happen and is happening. Hopefully it will inspire the apathetic among us to finally get off their rumps and begin to get involved. Supporting the NRA and/or your favorite gun advocacy group is a good place to start. Letter writing and phone call campaigns to keep politicians aware that we are still a force to be reckoned with is another important step. And as Sits said, get out there and vote and vote correctly. They have perfected a way of harrassment that is becoming very effective. They have found ways around the 2nd Amendment, so it no longer is a time to just sit back and let someone else do the heavy lifting. The anti-gun people are making huge strides. We can either sit back and let it happen to us, or we can start taking a hand in making it all happen the way we want it to happen.

There's no point in trying to run away from it. Other states and the federal government will eventually follow the lead of NYS. This is a national problem that needs a national approach. And fleeing the state is simply putting off the inevitable.

• Like 1

My disgust is with the people who are supposed to be on our side and that is these dealers. You would think out of anybody they would be the ones interested in trying to preserve our rights and help with the matter instead they are putting their tail between their legs and giving customers attitude because they are losing business. They also are not taking proper measures to properly interpritate the new laws. I finally found someone yesterday that gave me the time of day. He is a private custom arms manufacturer who seems to have kept himself well informed on all the new laws and he has agreed to help me out with a transfer. It was a relief to speak to someone educated and willing to help out a law abiding conusmer.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be.  I was calling the shotgun/rifle division.  If they thought it was a revolver they would/should have directed me to the conceal carry office.

Not sure about the city but up here you don't need a pistol permit to buy and own a black powder revolver. you cna't have the means to fire it (no powder balls and caps), but a permit and registration is not required.

But bottom line is they don't know their a$$ from their elbow.

My disgust is with the people who are supposed to be on our side and that is these dealers. You would think out of anybody they would be the ones interested in trying to preserve our rights and help with the matter instead they are putting their tail between their legs and giving customers attitude because they are losing business. They also are not taking proper measures to properly interpritate the new laws. I finally found someone yesterday that gave me the time of day. He is a private custom arms manufacturer who seems to have kept himself well informed on all the new laws and he has agreed to help me out with a transfer. It was a relief to speak to someone educated and willing to help out a law abiding conusmer.

In terms of not understanding all the little nuances of this new assault on 2nd Amendment rights, some of that might be excused because as already noted in this thread, there are plenty of people in places of authority who are totally confused who probably wouldn't normally be if the law had not changed the operating parameters so dramatically. It's not like the law isn't laced with verbage and content that will be keeping a lot of lawyers busy for years to come.

I believe that gun dealers are completely over-whelmed. And acting independantly, they have no chance of doing anything significant about this law. They pretty much are relegated to interpreting the law as best they can. They know that a mistake in interpretation can cost them their license and even some potential jail time. I do understand them being a bit timid. A lot of these guys will likely be going out of business.

NH deer hunting and taxes are terrible, only 12k average deer taken any year, NY is about 40 times that.. My friend moved there in 08 and his property taxes went from 7k to 13k in that time and he cant make any money?

And Texas, your better off sticking your head in a toilet. Remember the grass is always greener.

He maybe living in the wrong part of NH I agree NH deer population is not great but NY taxes are a lot more then mine

mine are just over $4000 5 acres & a nice cape Have no issues with work here one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country Yes I also agree with Texas. but I can buy any legal firearm & have it within an hour or less

It would be like comparing parts of upper state NY to the Hamptons