New game plan

noodle one

I was lucky to have scored this year on the first morning with a good bird. That was the first gobble of the season and the last that I have heard this spring. I have gone out most morning and I have been getting into my setup spots by 5:30 am.  I have not heard a peep, nothing , zipbo. This morning I went to a new game plan. I got in the woods at 9:00 am and would walk a 100 to 200 yards and setup and call for 15 min. and not hearing anything, moving on another 100 to 200 yards and start over again. I covered two to three miles this morning not heading anything.Tomorrow I plan on doing the same thing, but in a new spot. I have done this before and it has worked for me.in the pass. I am hoping the birds fire up in the next few days. I will give this plan a week and if it not working ,I have one more trick that I use late in the season that works real good, but I don't like using it when I don;t know who and if there are other hunters in the woods. I only use it in the middle of the week, never on weekends. I start walking and every 100 yards or more i gobble and then move on and keep moving on .I cover a lot ground doing that and if there is a bird around he will anwer me. If I don't kill him that day, I come back the next day and wait on him. I have taken a lot of birds this way when they have shut down. Tomorrow is a new day and I will be out there.

one problem might be 5:30, birds have been gobbling from 5 to 5:30 and then done the rest of the day, you might be a little to late

I have 1 big bird gobbles 2 or 3 times @ 5:15 and then he's done the rest of the day....pisses me right off...if I'm not there by 4:30, I have to go to a different farm, I have to walk across a field to get to him,  and it's to light out any later than that

one problem might be 5:30, birds have been gobbling from 5 to 5:30 and then done the rest of the day, you might be a little to late

I have 1 big bird gobbles 2 or 3 times @ 5:15 and then he's done the rest of the day....pisses me right off...if I'm not there by 4:30, I have to go to a different farm, I have to walk across a field to get to him,  and it's to light out any later than that

I start in the woods by 5:00 am and if any birds are gobbleing with in a mile I can hear then because I am allreadly on top of the mountain.

Never tried the gobble thing, but I might have to. I have had some decent action so far, but no shots yet. Last time out I saw a couple birds, briefly, but I don't know what they were, Real quiet.

I was lucky to have scored this year on the first morning with a good bird. That was the first gobble of the season and the last that I have heard this spring. I have gone out most morning and I have been getting into my setup spots by 5:30 am.  I have not heard a peep, nothing , zipbo. This morning I went to a new game plan. I got in the woods at 9:00 am and would walk a 100 to 200 yards and setup and call for 15 min. and not hearing anything, moving on another 100 to 200 yards and start over again. I covered two to three miles this morning not heading anything.Tomorrow I plan on doing the same thing, but in a new spot. I have done this before and it has worked for me.in the pass. I am hoping the birds fire up in the next few days. I will give this plan a week and if it not working ,I have one more trick that I use late in the season that works real good, but I don't like using it when I don;t know who and if there are other hunters in the woods. I only use it in the middle of the week, never on weekends. I start walking and every 100 yards or more i gobble and then move on and keep moving on .I cover a lot ground doing that and if there is a bird around he will anwer me. If I don't kill him that day, I come back the next day and wait on him. I have taken a lot of birds this way when they have shut down. Tomorrow is a new day and I will be out there.

Darn! why did you have to give away my tactic... lol mine is almost exactly the same except i usually call every 50 yrds or so and SLOWLY still hunt my way along... 

Why walk? if your like me you will do almost anything for a turkey including slithering on your stomach a couple hundered yards thru we grass to get to him...