This dang guy at BPS

chiefbkt

Went to BPS to get some of the blackout X1pro arrows last week. Grabbed the boxes I needed from the rack and went up to the archery counter to have them cut. There were 2 guys there, one I have dealt with on several occasions and appreciate his service. The other is a guy who I have dealt with on a couple other occasions and I'm sure he barely knows his head from his A$$! The normal guy grabbed my arrows and said "still shooting 29 inches?" I said "yup." He started to unbox them and the lesser of the 2 guys says "oh I'll cut them if you want to take this guy up to shoot this bow." So off they went. I should have stayed and watched him cut the arrows but didn't. I walked around grabbing a few other things I needed and returned to find my arrows all set. Paid for my crap and left. Ended up shooting them Friday afternoon to see how they compared to the actual GT brand. After shooting a dozen times I couldn't figure out why the new arrows were shooting 1 1/2-2" lower than the others. After closer inspection I noticed the new arrows were cut longer...2 1/2" longer! I returned today and had them cut to the appropriate length and they are shooting exactly the same as the GT's. As long as that guy is working there, I will never have an arrow cut by him! Bonus was that I told the lady up at customer service what happened and she gave me 15% off my purchase today.

Bass pro is hit or miss from my experiences. I try to stay away from them after having going there to look at bows and having a guy that knew nothing about them and was being an @$$. I make the extra long drive to tully NY and go to legends of the fall. Small local shop and they are awesome.

Last year I bought 6 Beman arrows from Dicks and a block target. I shot them the next day and after a few sets I pulled the arrow out of the target and noticed the tip and insert stayed in the target. Pulled the next arrow out and same thing. I figured that he had forgotten to glue them or just did a bad job. Went back and they tried to stick me with shitty inserts and after arguing with the guy, he said I could take the inserts out another Beman box and yes, the guy didn't glue the inserts in the first time. Idiots.

I had some arrows cut wrong once and decided -- never again . I decided to make my own arrow cut-off saw . Bought a small table top saw at Harbor Freight for $26 and used some scrap lumber / boards laying around and I was all set . I posted it on the DIY forum some time ago .

• Like 1