You may be right, I may be crazy

chiefbkt

at 71 years young and married for 48 years I have to say thank god for a wife that new from day 1 that I was crazy about hunting and fishing.

She over the years has been nothing but supportive. I also shot for a lot of years almost every Sunday from April thru August each year with archery, NFAA, or ASA or IBO. I also belong to several clubs as well.

So if you have a wife that support your hunting etc, take the time prior to the season to take her out to dinner as a thank you. My hunting buddy and I use to do that for years, in September take them out to a fine dinner and again say thanks for all the supports in our man things.

I lost my buddy G Gardner several years ago so the hunting has not been the same, we use to take all of September to do our early scouting and placement of tree stands etc, we also use to keep a book at the camp  ( named Outdoors forever of South Oselic NY ) of were we found sign or found deer  as we hunted or scouted. During all the years I new we were crazy but also we seemed to get good bucks each year and the fun with these hunts will live in my heart always.

• Like 2

My wife of 21 years grew up in a house of hunters - father, brother, brother in law - all of whom got me into it about 7 years ago. So she has no problem with me going during hunting seasons. In fact encourages me to take my son when I go scout and set up stands/blinds. This october will be the first time I plan on taking him turkey hunting.

That's the same way with me, except it was paintball, then car repair, and tools, then fishing, now hunting, then there's the computers, and also aquariums... Lets just say I have/had a lot of hobbies. Girls are much simpler, just shoes and purses.

ditto. and I keep adding. fishing, hunting, golf, garden, fruit trees, my crotch rocket, my car, my truck, my mountain bike, videogames. Now I want to learn the guitar. Like I got time for that. Although, I would take hunting over any of the things I just listed, with my car maybe a close second.

Seems like a lot of the folks here have very understanding wives and husbands. My wife is real gpood about it, but even so, I would be lying if I said that balancing my fishing and hunting with wife and family time was not a constant struggle. Its not really the wife tho. Its the 2 jobs, nightschool, 2 young kids, house,etc..

Also, I don't care how great your wife is about allowing you to hunt, if she isn't mad at you by november 15th, your doing something wrong.