My Plots 2013

I'm so relieved its raining... the lone plot we worked on this summer really needed it. I think it'll take off nicely.

Man, you guys are planting some expensive seed. WI is nice, but wow, talk about a premium!

Edited by phade

I'm so relieved its raining... the lone plot we worked on this summer really needed it. I think it'll take off nicely.

Man, you guys are planting some expensive seed. WI is nice, but wow, talk about a premium!

We got a good deal on it. Most of what we planted was plain jane seed, not buck on the bag stuff.

Stopped down to check cams and plots yesterday. Heres what Plot 4 is looking like. Sorry for the half picture, my cell phone is a POS. You should still get the idea.

2013-08-29_18-17-07_125_zpsb681b72a.jpg

And here is a pic from plot 2, which was planted less than a week ago.

2013-08-29_17-46-50_689_zpsba6d9ba4.jpg

Plot 1 looks the same as 2, and Plot 3 is just starting to come in here and there.

We are waiting until we get 4" of growth before we fertilize. Ill be building cages for each plot this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I built 3 out of the 4 containment cages for the plots. I put them in on Saturday. Heres a pic of plot 2, which is growing the best out of them so far. Its in a bottom area, so the soil is superb and it stays moist. It should be ready to be fertilized in the next week or so. 2 of the plots are on hill tops, and I think are drying out a bit faster than we would like, causing them not to grow quite as well. Winter peas and brassicas are coming up in Plot 3, but the oats dont seem to be coming up much at all. Last time Ill buy WI seed.

2013-09-07_16-44-19_622_zpse36c1bc7.jpg

2013-09-07_16-44-46_768_zps916e85e1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Geeze, I forgot to post the pic of plot 2 in here from last week.

2013-09-11_17-39-38_590_zps2df83b31.jpg

Heres a quick shot of it last night.

2013-09-18_17-47-07_488_zps0251c1f1.jpg

I havent gotten to the other plots much lately, but Ill take some pics when I do check them. Last night we disced up a brand new trail that was put in through the woods. The main goal of the discing was to break the ground up and smooth it out a bit. While we were at it, we planted 5 big bags of feed oat seed that we were given. Hopefully it grows, as it will serve two purposes, holding the soil in place, and feeding the deer.