Too late to plant a plot?

I only gun hunt and wanted to put in a small (1/4 acre) plot that would survive until mid to late November/early December. Is it too late and if not what would be best to plant in an area that receives limited sun? I had the soil tested and the soil has a great ph level. There are no farms within miles of my location.

Definately not too late to plant... Many annuals can be planted now through the end of August. My only concern would be that a small quarter acre plot would make it to rifle season. I have planted brassica and turnips before and they look great for the start of bow and by November 1st they look like someone cut them with a lawnmower.

I would consider planting oats or a winter rye. They get planted the end of August and can withstand browsing. Just my opinion.

I have to say go with Max Attack...it contains chicory clover tritical(forage grain) and peas....or cheaper and still a draw...in late August-ealy Sept plant a combo of WWor WR some oats and clover....the clover may come up well in the spring for turkey hunting and the WW or WR will do the same...just avoid a rye grass seed...use grain seed..

Now if falling leafs are going to be a problem....turnips  for sureand ealy so they are big enough to hand the leaf fall

Edit: my suggestion is purple top turnips AND dwarf essex rape.

How limited is the sunlight?

LOL PAV, turnips are brassicas.

Lol...learned something new. I still would be surprised if any turnips would still be around come gun season in a quarter acre plot.

Just check into the long range weather forecast, if it stays as dry as it is here, streams are very low according to some people, Weather forecasts keep on saying rain, but have not seen any yet, the ground is dry as a bone.You need plenty of sunlight and rain for things to grow.  

Wow! Alot of great replies! The area gets a fair amount sunlight this time of year and a lot more when the leaves fall. I'm going to bring a leaf blower back there to remove the leaves from all the oak trees and then I'll rake up all the sticks. May be able to get the small Troybilt tiller back there too...