Adding a pin to my sight?

josephmrtn

Easton 2216 Camo Hunters 30 1/4 inches without the head... they weigh 434.3 grains w/o head...

Should be good, I can't recall if I used to shoot 2413's or 2315's. I know I had some cheapo Gamegetter 340's.

I thought maybe you had too much arrow which would cause you to have lots of gap from 10-20. carry on..lol

Man Joe what kind of bow/arrow combination do you shoot?! I don't know anyone or have ever myself had a bow that shot so much different between 10 and 20 yards that the arrow misses a target completely. 

I shoot a trophy ridge single pin adjustable on my Mathews Creed.  My Dad shoots a Mathews DXT with a single pin which does 0-30 with no compensation. 

Sounds like the peep site is too low and/or the anchor point is too high.

The goal is to get a trajectory from 0-20 yards that is parabolic, but your trajectory seems to be on a slope downwards. Really heavy arrows or a slow bow would do this, as well as a low peep or high anchor point.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

That's a telephone pole! What kind of bow and poundage are you shootin?

Martin Prowler, 60 lbs

Man Joe what kind of bow/arrow combination do you shoot?! I don't know anyone or have ever myself had a bow that shot so much different between 10 and 20 yards that the arrow misses a target completely. 

I shoot a trophy ridge single pin adjustable on my Mathews Creed.  My Dad shoots a Mathews DXT with a single pin which does 0-30 with no compensation. 

I was aiming at the top mark on the target and it flew over by about 1/2 inch so it shot about 5 inches high... sorry for not explaining that...

For starters, according to the Easton shaft selector chart those arrows are not matched for your setup. I have no idea why you would be shooting 5 inches high at 10 yards with your 20 pin though. My bow shoots about 2 inches high with my pin that's zeroed in at 25. I really think you're beating a dead horse trying to shoot that thing without somehow getting to a pro shop first. If you lived near me I would check it out for ya. I have my own shop in the basement.

I'm gonna be honest with you and say there is no way you should need a 10 yard and a 15 yard pin. You are young so I am going to assume you are pulling 50-70 pounds. Your top pin should easily get you to 20 yards. You really need to get some serious shooting in and figure this bow out.

Lots of men and probably a few women have given you good advice about getting your butt to a pro shop and getting this stuff sorted out, but you chose to try and take the short cut route. You are young and full of piss and vinegar and think you can do it on your own. It will hurt you in the long run. One trip to a good pro shop and spending an hour there listening to his or her advice will put you way ahead for hunting this season.

I really wish you luck, but it sounds like you are struggling bad to me. Sometimes in life you really need an expert no matter how much you can learn on the internet. You are talking about hoping it only takes you a few years to get a deer with your bow in another post. There is absolutely no reason for you not to expect to get one this year with your first shot. All it takes is the proper equipment and the knowledge to know how to tweak what you do have. That's where the pro shop can help a lot. And don't be offended if it is a woman giving you advice because I know a couple women that will shoot with best of the men.

THIS.

For starters, according to the Easton shaft selector chart those arrows are not matched for your setup. I have no idea why you would be shooting 5 inches high at 10 yards with your 20 pin though. My bow shoots about 2 inches high with my pin that's zeroed in at 25. I really think you're beating a dead horse trying to shoot that thing without somehow getting to a pro shop first. If you lived near me I would check it out for ya. I have my own shop in the basement.

2216's are right on for that bow, I would know because it used to be mine lol. It's an older bow, 10 and 20 yard pins is completely acceptable for that specific bow. 15 is not needed but he will figure that out.

• Like 1

2216's are right on for that bow, I would know because it used to be mine lol. It's an older bow, 10 and 20 yard pins is completely acceptable for that specific bow. 15 is not needed but he will figure that out.

I guess the Easton shaft selector must be wrong! I still tend to believe it over you, no offense

I guess the Easton shaft selector must be wrong! I still tend to believe it over you, no offense

Maybe you should put in the proper info then. 30 inch arrow, medium cam, 100 grain head, 60 pound pull. Or you could keep arguing with the guy that used to shoot the bow for 10 years and killed a pile of deer with it, what would I know lol.

• Like 1

Maybe you should put in the proper info then. 30 inch arrow, medium cam, 100 grain head, 60 pound pull. Or you could keep arguing with the guy that used to shoot the bow for 10 years and killed a pile of deer with it, what would I know lol.

Those are the specs I put in. I guess you know more than the company that makes the arrows! Indians killed deer with wooden arrows, don't mean a lot. I'm just stating a fact that those arrows are not properly spined for that setup.

Edited by Arrow Flinger

Didn't Joe say he was changing his draw length to 28" or 28.5"?

Yup, doesn't mean he has to change arrow length though. He could keep using the current arrows even shortening them to 29 and be fine, remeber he is a broke 15 year old kid that doesn't have the funds to run out and buy a dozen more arrows to try.