44 Mag Bolt Action Ruger

eagle rider

I bought one....GREAT little gun.  I let my grandson use it with the agreement that if he bagged a deer with it, he could have it.  He did...and now I'm looking for another for myself!!   If you are looking for an accurate, lightweight deer rifle for shots out to 100, maybe 125 yds, you can't go wrong with this little Ruger.  (Note:  Grandson whacked a big doe at 70 yds. with a single sledgehammer shot.)

• Like 1

Problem as I see it.....

There are just tooooo many gun and caliber combinations I'd like to hunt with. LOL

I want a lever action 44 to play around with for a short range gun at some point.

At ranges talked about here it'd be just fine.

One of my hunting buddies use to use a Marlin lever action 44 Mag. He piled up a bunch of deer with it, all well with in 100 yds.. About 3 or 4 years ago he put a bad shot on a buck at about 30yds. We never found the deer and of course he blamed the gun.(dumb ass) Since then he went back to his Marlin in 35Rem.

I think if you keep shots under 100yrds ,and make good hits., you'll be fine. But the best pistol round can't compare to the worse (deer caliber) rifle round . IMHO 

That Ruger bolt action is a slick little rifle.

Edited by ants