Finaly!!!!

josephmrtn

I found/bought the correct cam modules so i will be shooting the correct DL... had to call Martin and talk w a tech and he helped me figure out what i need.... turns out I have Z Cams on my bow... :) that was interesting to find out... lol right now the modules on it are 5x so since i need it about 1 1/2 inch shorter he set me up w the 3x... (My DL is 28.5 and the bow is currently at 30) the 3x will make it 28 but w my D loop it should be perfect.... I hope this helps my accuracy!!! and as far as i can tell (from reading the manual and lookin at the bow) i dont need a bow press to change it either... i am flyin high!!! now all i need is to go and shoot w someone (FSW? :) ) and get lotsa tips ;)

Copied this on AT:

Adding a D-loop WILL change your anchor point. You may need to SHORTEN the bows DL a wee bit to achieve the same anchor point that you had prior to the installation.

thats what i was trying to say... I told the tech i need a 28.5 DL and he said a 28 w a D loop should make it about perfect... (they dont sell 1/2 inch change modules only 1 inch)

I have a 28" DL. I shoot bows with a 28" DL and a d-loop.

The problem is the 1" mods. I assume the design allows for tweaking of DL to reach a 1/2". A 1/2" DL change might not sound like much, but it is huge. Especially when considering the majority of millions of compound shooters are between 28" and 29" DL.

If you are limited to 1 inch mods, then its better to go 28 than 29.  I know Phade will agree even though he is giving you a hard time.  Funds are limited and sounds like you have a reasonable solution.  A good tuner can give you some extra DL by adjustments to the string and cables if you really need it, although less than 1/2 inch.  You may find that 28 works just fine.  For sure, you will shoot that bow better than when it was at 30DL.  Good luck and practice.  Drop that 10yd pin too.  You don't need it.  PM me your address again.  With this new DL, I can send you some mid-weight arrows that will work well.

• Like 1

If you are limited to 1 inch mods, then its better to go 28 than 29.  I know Phade will agree even though he is giving you a hard time.  Funds are limited and sounds like you have a reasonable solution.  A good tuner can give you some extra DL by adjustments to the string and cables if you really need it, although less than 1/2 inch.  You may find that 28 works just fine.  For sure, you will shoot that bow better than when it was at 30DL.  Good luck and practice.  Drop that 10yd pin too.  You don't need it.  PM me your address again.  With this new DL, I can send you some mid-weight arrows that will work well.

No hard time at all. Just want him in the best possible setup being his first time 'round with a bow. Bad habits are hard to kick once started, so best to get it right as possible from the starting gun. Sort of like buying bows. Or game cams. LOL.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure the bow tech had that 100% right. Are you sure he knew it was an older prowler?

I'm almost certain it had a 28 inch draw. Might want to double check that Joe.

Yes he new it was older... It has Z cams on it which as far as i know they discontinued quite a few years ago... (the only manual i found that fit it was a 2001 model, also you cant get parts onling like you can for most cams... you have to order direct over the phone)

Im 200% sure its a 30... for two reasons first i measured it 2nd my "correct" DL is 28.5 and the string currently comes back about an inch behind my corner of mouth... and yes it is hard to get an anchor point set up like that... lol