CVA Breech Plug Help...

phade

My first ML was a Wolf...it's been through hell and back, scratches etc. It has the older style breech plug.

I shot 777 pellets through it but highly prefer BH209 now. I had a box of 777 left and actually set it up with a light load of only one 50 gr pellet and a harvester combo. I killed a nice doe with it last year and let my FIL use it to see if he liked ML enough to buy one, which he did. Unfortunately, in my flood, my 777 pellets were soaked (BH209 stockpile made it A-OK!).

So, rather than buy 777 pellets, I'd love to convert to BH209, but I understand the older breech plugs don't take well to it. I know online I read there are places to buy modified ones, but I can't for the life of me figure out where that was.

At this point, if I can't shoot BH209, I may consider giving it away to a youth or something. I do like taking it with me from time to time despite it merely being a back-up ML now.

Anyone know where they sell the modified BP?

• 2 months later...

Older original wolf breech plugs shoot bh-209 fine.  They just have to be kept clean by soaking in hot soapy water to loosen crud and bored out BY HAND with # 32 drill bit to remove old charcoal.  You also need to use magnum SHOTSHELL 209 primers with bh-209; not muzzleloader 209 primers.  I would suggest buying new original plug and clean it after each shooting session to keep the channel open.