New spreader

Got a new spreader. Man what a difference from the one I pulled with the ATV! Made it a lot easier to spread, that is for sure. Next on the list is a rototiller. Tractor implements are the way to go.

IMG_20130805_160256_zps2a61f5ff.jpg

Very nice.   I love my 3pt spreader.... wash it out good after fertilizer and I spray my down with heavy amounts of wd40 to help prolong the life.

That is exactly what I did. What a pleasure to use.

As much as the industry pushed atv and atv equipment , its cheaper to buy a used tractor and equipment and do it 100% more efficient.

That is exactly the conclusion I came to the other evening. Next year I won't upgrade the ATV utilities but will go out and buy a used tractor.

Good point G-Man.

• Like 1

As much as the industry pushed atv and atv equipment , its cheaper to buy a used tractor and equipment and do it 100% more efficient.

Most people already own an ATV, so I can see their point on just buying some implements for the back.  A few ATV implements, do a half way decent job, but very few. Most lack the design and weight. An ATV mounted spreader is very handy, saves a lot of walking. They are siturations where I could take a ATV in, but not a tractor. They both have their place.

• Like 1

I have a sm, tractor that is 50in wide (outside wheel dimentions) and can get it in where any atv can go, a field cultivator, and spreader, 4ft brushhog,and rear blade,and got it all for for under 3000.00 and have now owned it for 20 years.. . and the most important thing to remember is tractors are built for pulling /working ground. atvs are not. I do not see 20 year old or even 10 year old atvs with good enough transmission able to pull anything, but I do see 60 year old tractors that have been left out with rusty sheet metal fire right up and work all day.... I am always asked why I don't have an atv..I really have no use for one and money is better spent on other more useful things. Atv's are pretty much for enjoyable riding, even the new s x s really are not worth it. can pick up a used wrangler cheaper and do more with that than utv.if you want a work vehicle. the new ones are as much as a damn car.....and won't last nearly as long.

Oh I agree on the tractor, totally. I'm just saying, u survey the hunting community. Most will buy- own an ATV way before ever considering a tractor. They buy the ATV, spend big $ on them, then decide they want to get into food plotting, few years down the road, and find out their ATV isn't worth much. When I was selling large volumns of farm equipment, many people had ATV's to trade and I just had to send them up the road. Just a bad deal.

I agree I even have a friend that bought. ATVs.. hate to think how much that was. then complains he can't afford property. Buy the land first, something to improve it with, then they toys... I know more people with ATVs and no or little property to ride them on..then they wonder why people don't like them or kick them off their land... Again great to see another. 3 Pt spreader!!!

Now that's a spreader!! B)

I only have one of those hand-crank-over-the-shoulder-bag-spreaders!

Yeah, that's how I plant small seeds, and will continue to.

It is mainly for the obscene amount of pelletized lime I must spread. :fie: