time for that warning....

growalot

I do this every year but never hurts to repeat...Be very careful out there in the woods around blinds and out building...bees are cranky and getting ready for winter so very active...today I went to check a new plot around the old goat barn...while walking past the york rake i catch a large number of bees going in under the barn behind the rake...Then took a cot and some supplies to the lower shooting house...carrying every thing up the ladder ...I caught movement out the corner of my eye and there a foot and a half from my face is a active...VERY ACTIVE hornets nest under the decking..I slowly lowered my sleeves and stood on the rung as some bounced off my hat and buzzed around me....it took a few minutes for me to get the courage to back down the ladder and sprint away...needless to say the cot and supplies where left on the ground,,,I went back tonite and sprayed both areas...25ft away at the shooting house and I could hear them loudly buzzing after the spraying...So just be careful and aware...and safe.... trimming trees..... weed whacking ....cutting brush...ground bees are nasty this time of year as well

• Like 2

Thanks for the warning Grow, but you're too late!

I got zapped by 3 yellow jackets on one of last weeks hikes.

I thought I out ran them after the first stinger hit me on the back of my calf a half mile back when I walked over a ground nest....

When I stopped to take a breather at the creek 1/2 mile away, I got hit 2 more times on my arm and the back of my neck.

I thought I could fight the four or five followers off with my cap, but I was wrong!

BEE's SUCK this time of year!

As soon as the goldenrod starts turning golden, you know the deer and the bees will start acting stupid soon,lol!

I ran into a yellow jacket ground nest the other day while weedwhacking...Only got nailed once, but the little *&%!!# stung me through my t-shirt DIRECTLY on my left NIPPLE !

Good grief, did that hurt !! I had no idea that my nipples were that sensitive ! It throbbed for about 4 hours...I nursed it with a baking soda paste and a couple of snorts of Jack Daniels ( internally) and eventually it subsided to an annoying itch, which I still have.

The yellow jackets got the gasoline treatment.

I bet you went back and stood there hoping for a sting and the swelling that is associated with it. hehe

Not a chance, Doe..

Poor ol' Big Bob and the Boys are having SYMPATHY PAINS just at the mere THOUGHT of such a thing.

I think I'll go put on my Kevlar jock strap...