july / august recap

skyhunter

very nice and the quality is amazing. what camera is this ?

thanks all. most of the higher quality shots are from Panasonic and Sony compact digitals built into trail cam units called "homebrews". anyone can buy one from guys that build and sell them.

thanks all. most of the higher quality shots are from Panasonic and Sony compact digitals built into trail cam units called "homebrews". anyone can buy one from guys that build and sell them.

how much do one of these "homebrews" cost??? and where can you find people that make them?

how much do one of these "homebrews" cost??? and where can you find people that make them?

normally anywhere from $200 to $300 ranging by model and new or used. go to Camtrapper.com and there are guys there that build and sell. you also might look up  "12RINGER". he might still be in the business. he used to sell them as "Ringercams".

I would also do a search on homebrew trailcams and there will be many sources where there is info on builds. where you find that you should also find guys that build and sell them.

skyhunter, on 22 Aug 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

I would also do a search on homebrew trailcams and there will be many sources where there is info on builds. where you find that you should also find guys that build and sell them.

Brings back memories! I use to build homebrew 35mm trailcams, ~13 years ago, when Camtrakker was about the only trailcam out there and they were selling for $400! I could build the 35mm trailcams for ~$130. Sure don't miss paying for film and developing! B)  

Brings back memories! I use to build homebrew 35mm trailcams, ~13 years ago, when Camtrakker was about the only trailcam out there and they were selling for $400! I could build the 35mm trailcams for ~$130. Sure don't miss paying for film and developing! B)  

I  2nd that. I bought one of those Camtrakkers. yep, $400 and I normally had to travel from hunt camp to develop the roll of film which normally had about 30 pictures on it.

boy how times have changed. though I don't miss that, it still was pretty cool for it's time.