Just may get....

some sweet corn and pumpkins after all...as you know every thing went in late especially the sweet corn...winter squash and the pumpkins...I planted in the old goat pasture and left half for the HR / turnip planting...figured if I get any thing fine if not it will be a good food plot...Well the corn silked out this past week and I have oodles of soft ball sized squash and a lot of football sized pumpkins...as you see the hog radish is doing great and the turnips are coming along.....Deer went on as soon as the silk started ...but my old stinky rubber work shoes stopped any more damage....Mr B  is a happy camper...they are no longer on the boot dryer...LOL

• Like 2

Holy Cow between the rain ...humidity...fog...those pics...dbl. in size the corn was head high now 1 1/2 over my head the pumpkin plants...knee high are now up to my waist...The flowers tripled and are the size of small dinner plates...dang they all just needed a drink...Oh the Hog Radish a foot tall!! and in just 2 days...

• 3 weeks later...

up date....The deer and I are in a race against each other...as to who will get the biggest share of corn!....I managed to freeze a half bushel (husked) last night and will pick  again later today....but nightly they have gone in an hammered it...boy Oh boy is it ever sweet......and the pumpkins are plentiful and some being just huge and very dark green still

Thanks ...we have a lot of houses around the place..I have a purple martin house as well ...just need to get it up on a strong enough tall post....I'm blanching and freezing corn right now...not much left on the stalks...have 2 bushels done...this is the last for freezer...now it will be a ear or two a night for dinner...until the deer and I have stripped them....finally have one orange pumpkin.....Have many lrg ones...the kids will get a couple and one family with a lot of kids...I'll freeze one for pumpkin pie and bars...the deer get the rest

up date....The deer and I are in a race against each other...as to who will get the biggest share of corn!....I managed to freeze a half bushel (husked) last night and will pick  again later today....but nightly they have gone in an hammered it...boy Oh boy is it ever sweet......and the pumpkins are plentiful and some being just huge and very dark green still

Maybe the raccoons can take some of the blame, LOL. I,ve enen caught opposum in the act.