Water Damaged Trail Cam

I have a Primos Truth Cam 35 that I set up at my father's stand where I shot my 8 pointer last year, and after two weeks we took a ride upstate to check the cams. Ok I go up to the cam and expect it to take pictures of me and nothing was popping up on the display, so I just swapped sd cards and decided i'd deal with it later. Turns out it didn't take a single picture and that's because it's water damaged. Any tips on how I can fix a water damaged camera, or should I just buy a new one?

IMO them trail cameras are trash. I had one before it got stolen. It worked ok but shut of randomly and scared the deer. I literally cant think of one picture I got that the deer wasn't looking right at the cam.

The best you can do is call primos and see what they tell you. If you see little bubbles in the display then I would assume water got into it.

Ha Ha , Just went crazy with my Trophy cam.thought it was water ,Had it out no pictures and when I switched to the set up the desplay would not work, but whe I set it up both times the red light came on ,as it should when switching to the on position,After 2 hours on the computer searching why. It wound up that the batteries they recommended ( expire.date 2018 ) 8 of them.4 of the 8 were below 1 volt instead of 1.5 or better. Put in 4 fresh ones and it works, which you can.

I was just going to start a thred on Make sure you check your batteries for your trail camera.

That's true HuntorBeHunted! All of the pictures of deer they are staring straight at the camera! And when I pulled the card there is a little file with random icons kind of like this, !*#5f*. And wow that's funny OMG, I'm going to try that. My father is getting annoyed with it as well so we might even be taking a run up tomorrow just to take care of that...and probably stock up on firewood as it is getting cold!

Hey OMG, you were right. I switched all the batteries and walked in front of the cam, it not only took the pictures but they came out very clear. Looks like it wasn't water! haha, Me and my father had gotten so disappointed that we ran upstate this morning, looked at the cam and scouted other areas. Found a torn up run which is good news, and now i'm home watching my Jets

• 1 month later...