some bucks off the trail cam

Geno C

nothing huge but nice to see some deer in the short period of time i had the cam out. i had put the cam out when i was scouting and figured id leave it out for the few days until i returned to limb up the tree and clear a few lanes. nice cross roads spot for multiple runs right in a funnel area. i wont be using the cams anymore i dont think, going to go with the element of surprise lol. i know the big boys are there, i guess if it cross paths with a nice buck i will be seeing the deer for the first time come deer season and not on my trail cam.

post-252-0-89280600-1378839718_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-03104200-1378840202_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-14929500-1378840212_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-96742000-1378840220_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I know exactly what you mean.  I've gotten in the habit of making my pre-season trips single day trips - 600 miles roundtrip.  Aint easy.  If I had access here on the island, I'd probably make the trip upstate less often.

since im moving upstate this will prob be the last year i really get to hunt the island often... who knows this may be my year,  fingers crossed.

but with looking at houses upstate and so on it gets kind of hard to shoot to my spots up there and throw a cam in, even tho im right there in the area.