Thoughts / advice

Santamour123

OK, here it is.  Made a poor decision tonight. After a 45 minute stand off the doe finaly commited.  However Straight at me.  I was already at full draw when she was heading under my stand.  I attempted to spine her. But hit a branch and hit about 2 inches to the left.  I see the deer run off with my arrow in her about 16" of penitration.  Here is the bad part.  When i looked after the shot she was coming uphill so i angle back. The shot ender front of the lungs area.  If I had to guess exit would be aout mid belly if it went through.  After the shot for about 20 minutes she was walking in the swamp in front of me half blowing and half hacking.  So I backed out untill AM     Any thoughts

Ill second the "what did the blood trail look like"? And im sure itll get beaten to death but choose better shots. I wont harp on it because ive been there...and no matter what they say everyone else has probably made a less than perfect shot on deer.