Anybody have luck on Public Land up North yet?

PostedBoys Gallego

I have not seen a damn deer in 5 all day sits, different areas, fresh sign, etc... I do love my new lone wolf climber though! Just don't think it was meant to sit so many hours not watching deer. It was more meant to be up in Wisconsin hunting 160+ inch bucks. Send me a deer, any deer, just 1 please! I have jumped a couple here and there walking. I might just wait for some colder weather before I burn myself out.

don't be discouraged. it's still VERY early and warm. Heck 2 years ago you wouldn't even be in the woods yet. One day you'll be in the stand and there will be 4 doe and 3 bucks around you. Like someone flipped a switch. Save your vacation days for the end of October and early November.

man wish I would have known that, my first year and I blew a weeks vacation on the first week of bow season. figured this out the hard way. next year I will pull an all weeker vaca leading into gun season

man wish I would have known that, my first year and I blew a weeks vacation on the first week of bow season. figured this out the hard way. next year I will pull an all weeker vaca leading into gun season

Vince,

This year is unusually warm.  Last year, I saw plenty of action on the very first day (Oct 1st).  Last year was the first year since I started hunting where they allow bow hunting on Oct 1st.  Before that, bow hunting season didn't start till mid-Oct.

someone on here said that you can learn three times as much in one bow season as you can in one rifle. so you can take anything you learned from that week runs, feed, bedding areas, where the deer seem to be more. etc... you will be more prepared for when the weather does get more favorable. just a brighter side of things.