Question about the forum rules.

jjb4900

Wuss. There arent many others more opinionated than me on here, but all of you have seen my face, my real name is all over the place along with my personal email address and I think my phone number to boot.

I have a pretty important and influential position in my company that hinges highly on my character. If all my "personal beliefs" were out in the open, it might not go so well for me. Being a local forum, i'm sure i've actually met one or 2 of you over the years. no need for internet me to be connected with real me. Most of what I spew is just for kicks and not really how I feel.

I have a pretty important and influential position in my company that hinges highly on my character. If all my "personal beliefs" were out in the open, it might not go so well for me. Being a local forum, i'm sure i've actually met one or 2 of you over the years. no need for internet me to be connected with real me. Most of what I spew is just for kicks and not really how I feel.

You mean you're a troll?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Same here, thats why it doesn't matter if I show my face.  This site is just for fun.

Same here, thats why it doesn't matter if I show my face.  This site is just for fun.

but if someone had it out for you and started collecting some of your upstate/downstate stuff (eventhough we all realize they're jokes). would that not be in the least a pain in the ass for you to have to explain?

but if someone had it out for you and started collecting some of your upstate/downstate stuff (eventhough we all realize they're jokes). would that not be in the least a pain in the ass for you to have to explain?

No, because I work in NYC. So their perception of upstaters is way worse than my joking around.

go away. and i'm sick of your facebook link. get rid of that or at least put it in your sig when you leave.

What's the matter? I hurt your feelings? You just admitted to posting things for kicks, and that's not how you really feel, pretty sure that's a true troll.

And, I do have a sig. Guess you're tired of looking at it. I do apologize for that. Hope you get over it.

Something Ive learned through the years is that maintaining a separate persona, whether its online or in person, just isnt worth the trouble. Try being true to yourself, life becomes alot easier.

oh don't get me wrong. I still dislike crossbows and shooting button bucks. I'm just careful with how I share these beliefs. For example, HR will tell you from day 1. You don't talk about religion, sex or politics at work. You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and can discuss with like minded people, but those 3 topics can get you in hot water. Anyone with an office job can relate. It doesn't mean you have to back down when you're put against the wall, but it's best for your employment to take the high ground with the "i respectfully disagree, and lets move on before it gets heated". most people are agreeable to that.

Edited by Belo

What's the matter? I hurt your feelings? You just admitted to posting things for kicks, and that's not how you really feel, pretty sure that's a true troll.

And, I do have a sig. Guess you're tired of looking at it. I do apologize for that. Hope you get over it.

no you don't. When i'm quoted my sig doesn't show up and neither does anyone elses. yours does. i have no idea what it is, but i'm pretty sure it's advertising which is usually against the rules anyhow. and if it's not, it's annoying.

Edited by Belo

Belo - On a serious note. I always joke with you about Tully, and that's because I know someone who lives there. I actually have access to hunt within the red area on the map attached. Any tips for me? Tully isn't that big, I figured you might be familiar with the area within the red?

post-871-0-20640100-1382106118_thumb.jpg

Belo - On a serious note. I always joke with you about Tully, and that's because I know someone who lives there. I actually have access to hunt within the red area on the map attached. Any tips for me? Tully isn't that big, I figured you might be familiar with the area within the red?

so you're a little south of me. i'm closer to route 20 and mostly hunting ridge bucks. You look to be more similar to suburban hunting... which is very un-tully like haha. Your biggest issue looks like access. I'm assuming you have a backyard you can walk into the woods from?

My biggest advice about Tully is that there are thousands of acres. The valley holds some true giants. Problem is that most of it is pretty heavily hunted. So the best bucks seem to come out of the sanctuaries that are off limit or very hard to get to. my particular zone requires quite a steep hike down a ridge that most guys would avoid. its even more fun to hand drag up. If this land is hunted by others you might not have a lot of success. But surrounding pressure could be your greatest ally. I would hunt it as least invasive as possible so they continue to believe it to be a safe zone. assuming its not already hunted like i said.

If your HR department is looking at what you do oline, then Im glad I dont work there.

that's not what I meant. It's other employees. If it's too hard for some of you to grasp that someone in a leadership role wouldn't want their direct reports and others digging through their personal stuff and possibly using it against them, then we work in different fields.

so you're a little south of me. i'm closer to route 20 and mostly hunting ridge bucks. You look to be more similar to suburban hunting... which is very un-tully like haha. Your biggest issue looks like access. I'm assuming you have a backyard you can walk into the woods from?

My biggest advice about Tully is that there are thousands of acres. The valley holds some true giants. Problem is that most of it is pretty heavily hunted. So the best bucks seem to come out of the sanctuaries that are off limit or very hard to get to. my particular zone requires quite a steep hike down a ridge that most guys would avoid. its even more fun to hand drag up. If this land is hunted by others you might not have a lot of success. But surrounding pressure could be your greatest ally. I would hunt it as least invasive as possible so they continue to believe it to be a safe zone. assuming its not already hunted like i said.

Thanks, but I was joking.

• Like 1

should have known.

Thanks for keeping in line with your usual non-ny hunting because you need a crossbow self.

Don't worry, the xbow will be legal in archery season in NY starting 2014 and going forward, for eternity!

Until then, I'll be in CT this saturday and then PA for 5 days the last week of October.....with my recurve xbow.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld