bucks acting stupid

fearthebeard

ive noticed the bucks around me have started ating a lot differnt could this be because of a minor rut or something ?? or is it the pre rut stage im confused about a couple of things ive herd that the best part of the rut is first wek of rifle and last week of bow insight would be helpful thank you for ur time

Id hunt a rub or scrape line. May not be the buck that made it but other bucks check rubs and scrapes. I think this weekend the action will pick up a bit. And dont underestimate hunting from 10-2. When alot of hunters are coming out of the woods sometimes thats the best time to be in your stand.

ive noticed the bucks around me have started ating a lot differnt could this be because of a minor rut or something ?? or is it the pre rut stage im confused about a couple of things ive herd that the best part of the rut is first wek of rifle and last week of bow insight would be helpful thank you for ur time

nobody will ever agree on when it'll start pre-season. but when it's here, we all know. Probably seeing some decent pre-rut and weather pattern change activity.

Id hunt a rub or scrape line. May not be the buck that made it but other bucks check rubs and scrapes. I think this weekend the action will pick up a bit. And dont underestimate hunting from 10-2. When alot of hunters are coming out of the woods sometimes thats the best time to be in your stand.

im an all day hunter i usally dont leave during the day at all the whole first week of rifle

I say use the doe estrous. Last year I had the little ones fired up early with the scent drag. I used it only a few times to "test it out", and every time I used it I had a buck come in with his nose to the ground. Little ones but hey, seein a buck is seein a buck.

very true considering i havint harvested a buck yet i have a whole corn plot to hunt with my dad and im trying to find out who the buck is in that area the runs it so to speak a moth ago i had a lot of pics of differnt spikes and 4 pointers even a 6 and a 8 havint seen a buck who seemed to make the others shy away

very true considering i havint harvested a buck yet i have a whole corn plot to hunt with my dad and im trying to find out who the buck is in that area the runs it so to speak a moth ago i had a lot of pics of differnt spikes and 4 pointers even a 6 and a 8 havint seen a buck who seemed to make the others shy away

I would drag that thing right down the highline, then duck into the woods and drag it to my stand. Once there, hang it on a limb to let the breeze blow it around real good. Worked every time. I even went off the beaten path, zig-zagged through the briers trying to find my stand. He followed that trail all the way in.  

I would drag that thing right down the highline, then duck into the woods and drag it to my stand. Once there, hang it on a limb to let the breeze blow it around real good. Worked every time. I even went off the beaten path, zig-zagged through the briers trying to find my stand. He followed that trail all the way in.  

i dont have a stand but i plan on using a drag does it matter when i drop the drag i also have a buck bomb i plan on dropping once in my bush lol yes im huntng out of a bush

i dont have a stand but i plan on using a drag does it matter when i drop the drag i also have a buck bomb i plan on dropping once in my bush lol yes im huntng out of a bush

Haha hey, do what you gotta do. I have dropped it anywhere from 200-500 yrds from my stand. Maybe furthe. I have no idea when those bucks picked up the scent, but they could have been trailing it from the point I dropped it. I figure if they cross it and like it, they might follow it.